1. Geography World Cup 2010<br />http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/organisation/trophytour/photo/photolist.html#1187825<br />
2. Key Questions<br />Can you name the flags of the countries participating in the 2010 World Cup?<br />Which countries are participating in the 2010 World Cup?<br />How are the World Cup countries distributed?<br />Where are the qualified countries of the 2010 World Cup? <br />
5. Mapping the qualified nations…<br />http://d-maps.com/continent.php?lib=world_and_oceans_maps&num_con=8&lang=en<br />
6. How are the World Cup countries distributed?<br />Draw a graph to illustrate this information.<br />-Title: A graph to show . . .<br />-Label axes: Continent / No of countries<br />-Use a sharp pencil / ruler<br />-Draw accurately<br />-Colour neatly <br />
7. How are the World Cup countries distributed?<br />Using your map, complete the following tasks: <br /><ul><li>Describe the distribution (where they can be found) of the countries that have qualified for the 2010 World Cup. Are they spread out or close together?
8. If there are any groups, where are they located?
9. Which areas have the most teams, which the least?</li></ul>Extension – Try to give reasons why any patterns/trends exist.<br />