1. Our link school ‘Ada Model’is here in Debre Zeit
2. Seaford Head School have been linked to Ada Model School since 2007.There are over 3,000 students that attend this school.
3. Inside the school compound.
4. Seaford Head School helped to raise money for this furniture in the school library.
5. This is the headmaster of our link school- Merid Beleta
6. When we arrived at Ada Model, the students greeted us wearing traditional clothesrepresenting tribes from all over Ethiopia and put on a special ceremony for us whichinvolved dancing.
7. These boys were showing us how to play a traditional game that is played in rural areas ofEthiopia.
8. Seaford Head presented Ada Model School with some materials and sports equipment.Here is the Head of PE and the students playing badminton.
9. The head of PE at Ada Model (Gabre) showing us the sports equipment.
10. We went to buy paint for the classroom- this is the DIY store- a bit different from B&Q butyou can still buy everything you need!
11. Painting the classroom!
12. We created some displays to help enhance literacy skills in Ethiopia.
13. Ahhh, it’s the paragraph poster! Who recognises this?
14. A visit to Beza Primary School (A private school)
15. Here are some photographs of students making toys that were designed by our Year 9students at Seaford Head as part of a Design and Technology project.
16. Some of the finished products…
17. We did some sightseeing of various places in Ethiopia- this is a picture of a new resortcalled Liesak.
18. Wendogenat- an area in the south that is lush with vegetation. You can find manydifferent plants and fruit here including Avocado, Bananas, Mangos , Papaya, Sugar caneetc.
19. We did see a lot of traditional coffee ceremonies during our week in Ethiopia
20. This is Haile who will be visiting Seaford Head School on 27th June to come and see Year 8students. He works for Link Ethiopia and is a central figure in coordinating our partnershipwith Ada Model School.
21. We visited the cultural club in Addis Ababa (the capital city). This is wheremany tourists go to experience the traditional music and food of Ethiopia.
22. This is Tej- a honey based drink.
23. Relaxing in a local establishment
24. Lake Langano in the south of Ethiopia
25. This is Miss Grant with our favourite mode of transport- the Bajaj. We would like torequest that students and staff have these for travelling between sites!
26. There is a lot of construction occurring all over Ethiopia at present.
27. Almaz is the link coordinator at Ada Model School and she will be visiting us in Septemberto observe educational practices at Seaford Head. She presented us with some culturalgifts.