After Market Orders (AMO)
What is an After Market Order (AMO)?
AMO is a facility offered by Fullerton Securities to its customers whereby they can place orders even after trading
hours of a particular day on NSE and BSE for the next trading session. Orders placed after market hours are sent to
the exchange on the next trading session.
What are the advantages of AMO?
1. AMO allows the customer to place an order even after the regular trading hours (9.00 a.m. to 3.30 p.m.) because
during trading hours he /she might have been busy.
2. Also, based on the fluctuations in the market on a particular day and taking into account factors such as the
closing price of particular scrip etc., the customer might want to place an order using AMO which would be sent
to the Exchange when the market opens for trading on the next trading day
How can a customer place an AMO with Fullerton Securities?
The customers will be allowed to place after market orders by choosing either of the channels below:
1. Online through our Internet Based Trading terminal (Fullerton Trade or Fullerton Invest)
2. Offline by calling the Equity Advisory & Dealing Desk at - 39 400 800 / 0124 - 4700 300
What are the timings for placing AMO orders?
1. To place AMO orders online (though our Internet Based Trading Channels), timings are:
a. On trading days:
i. 7:30 A.M. to 8:30 A.M.
ii. 5:00 P.M. to 9:30 P.M. 10:30 P.M. to 6:30 A.M.
b. On non trading days – Any time
2. To place orders through our Equity Advisory & Dealing Desk *
a. On trading days:
i. 8:00 A.M. to 8:30 A.M.
ii. 5:00 P.M. to 6:00 P.M.
b. On Saturdays - 9 A.M. to 7 P.M.
c. On Sundays - 10 A.M. to 2 P.M.
* Equity Advisory & Dealing Desk timings to be extended shortly
Which scrips are allowed for AMO trades?
All scrips which are permitted for trading by FSWA are allowed for AMO trades.
In which exchange will you be able to trade?
Fullerton Securities offers you to execute trades both on the National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. (NSE) and
Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).The Clients will be allowed to place After Market orders only in Cash Market (NSE &
Can AMO orders be placed for F&O?
Fullerton Securities currently do not offer AMO facility for F&O. Any F&O AMO orders placed by the Customers will
What are the types of orders allowed in AMO trades?
Fullerton Securities offers you to execute all types of orders:
1. Limit order
2. Market order
3. Stop Loss order
However, it is advisable to place limit orders in AMO mentioning a specific price and after taking into account the
previous day's closing price. Because, in case of market orders, i.e. orders where no price is mentioned, there is a
possibility of the order getting executed at the prevailing market rate which could be different from the customer’s
For e.g. ACC closing price on 11/1/2010 was Rs.925.50
In case an AMO market order is placed for buy 100 shares of ACC and if this is the first buy order to hit the market
on 12/1/2010 and on the other end if the first sell order to hit the market is Rs 975/- then the buy order would get
executed at Rs. 975/- which could be very different from the client’s expected trade price.
Also, please note the following:
1. The applicable limits and holdings for the next trading session can be viewed only after 10.30 p.m. on the trading
day subject to completion of end of day process.
2. A Delivery / CNC (Cash and Carry) order placed without marking a hold on the stocks lying in your Fullerton
Securities DP Account can be rejected due to non-availability of required allocated quantity for sell before AMO
orders are released to the exchange.
3. In case, sufficient margins/allocated holdings are not available during the risk validation process, your AMO order
will be cancelled before the same is sent to the exchange. Hence clients are requested to check the orders
status during the market hours in the order book to find the status of the AMO order placed.
4. The process of sending the orders to the exchange will be initiated as soon as the exchange is open for trading.
5. Fullerton Securities shall not be responsible for delay in sending the orders to the exchange /execution of the
orders or non execution of the orders or cancellation of the orders, for any reason.
6. Fullerton Securities shall not be liable or responsible for non-execution of the orders due to any link/system
failure at the Client, Exchange or at Fullerton Securities end.
Can AMO orders be placed for all the trading products offered?
Yes. Customers will be able to place orders in all products i.e Cash and Carry, Intra-Day & Margin.
Can the AMO orders be modified/ cancelled?
Yes. The customers will be allowed to modify / cancel the order only till the time it is executed in the Exchange.
How can a customer place an AMO order from Fullerton Invest?
Visit our website www.fullertonsecurities.co.in & click on “Login to Trade” button appearing on the RHS column of the
website, as shown below.
On clicking “Login to Trade” button, the login screen opens up as shown below. Enter the User ID & Pwd.
Post login, click on Equity & select AMO from the second level menu
This page opens up
Fill in the required details (Exchange, Product, Stock, Quantity) and click on submit button.
Once you click on the submit button, you would get the confirmation message.
How to view placed AMO orders?
All AMO orders placed can be viewed in order book under Equity menu by selecting After Market Order received as
How to cancel / modify the AMO orders?
All the open AMO orders can be modified / cancelled from order book by selecting modify after market order recd. As
However, all the completed orders cannot be modified or cancelled. The completed orders can be viewed by
selecting Trade Book under Equity menu.