2. My Journey We left cause our house was also really trashy and falling apart our neighborhood wasn’t really good for us kids also a lot of killing by the Indians and we had to live instantly. We got a letter saying to go to Austin’s Colony and we left faster than you can say bye. We got there on a boat that my family has had for generations. The trip west was amazing seeing all these lands and different places.
3. My Arrival When I got there I qualified for 1600 acres of land. Stephen F. Austin said that my family was so hardworking that we were the first people he was going to contact for that specific land.
4. 1822 When we started to settle in for 1822 westarted off with good investment money and wewasted a pretty good amount of money oncattle, lumber, and cotton.
5. 1822 After the money we spent on the cattle andstuff harsh winters led the cattle to die .Lots ofbuildings took place and people such as usneeded lumber. The Lively was late to arriveAustin’s Colony.
6. 1823 In 1823 the Lively sank. Our investment moneywasn’t the best but we knew that it would’vegotten better. There was also a dispute withMexicans over export of cotton.
7. 1823 This year for the cattle was good unlike 1822.There was still winters but, of course not as badas the past year. There was also not a very muchdemand for lumber.
8. 1824 In 1824 our investment money wasn’t thatgood either but this time the winters finallystopped. This year there was a high demand forlumber and there was lots of buildings. We alsohad a good year for cotton and there was a highdemand for beef.
9. 1824 We really got money now and we ended up with4,558 dollors in cash. Which was better than wereally ever had.
10. My Town I went to San Felipe and it was a very goodplace to go because I got 600 more dollars then Iwould’ve gotten if I went to another place.
11. My Conclusion I learned to lessons that day Austin’s Colony is a good place to be and the second lesson was we got a lot of money that year.
12. ResourcesCarey, Chris. money100.jpg. 1-Mar. Pics4Learning. 1 Dec 2011 http://pics.tech4learning.comfritz, b. dscf2382.jpg. November 2010. Pics4Learning. 1 Dec 2011 http://pics.tech4learning.comHouse . 2005. Photograph. Public DomainPetrKratochvil. Coins. 2005. Photograph. Public DomainVeppo Michel. Cattle. 2005. Photograph. Public DomainHouse in snow. 2005. Photograph. Public Domain