A) Operating Guidelines
“Operating Guidelines are the rules of
engagement for meeting”.
1. How members will interact?
2. How meeting should run?
3. What kind of behavior is acceptable?
4. Start and End time of meeting.
5. Avoid off-track meeting.
B) Participative Management
Participative management means
Involving members in decision making
Get assistance from members
Distributing roles among participants
Leader / Executive
Recorder / Scribe
3. Summary of Accomplishments
• This is a process check.
Feed-back Next Meeting
Say Thank You
Meeting Room Arrangements
Leader has great power
Limited participation of audience
Less visibility for visual aids
Democratic: equality is stressed.
Great visibility by participants.
Controlling the Meeting
• Control interruptions by negative and talkative people
• Encourage new ideas, not clash of personalities
(No idea is a bad idea)
• Makes it safe for everyone to participate
• Brings team back on-track when needed
• Allow time for chit chat
• Help participants turn ideas, issues, and concerns into