•What are tropical fruits?
• List of tropical fruits
o Water Melon
o Jack fruit
• Fruits that are produced by a tree native to the tropics
are tropical fruits.
• Tropics are nothing but the region of globe between
the Tropic of cancer and Tropic of Capricorn.
• Tropics are generally warm all round the year. But
they are also humid in some areas receiving lots of rain
• Tropical fruits are large and brightly colored. They
have a pleasant flavor and are appealing to the animals
which distribute their seeds.
Following are some of the tropical fruits that are popular all
over the world:
• Avocado fruits have a smooth, creamy, greenish-
yellow flesh with an unusually high amount of fat that
is primarily monounsaturated.
• More than 500 varieties of avocadoes
• Avocados are loaded with nutrients
such as dietary fiber, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E,
potassium, magnesium, and folate.
• The only fruit which much nutrients and minerals
which is safe for babies is avocados.
• Bananas are the most popular fresh fruit in the United
• They are the first choice by athletics due to its high
energy giving capability.
• Bananas are rich source of carbohydrates and potassium.
• They come in colors say, green, yellow, purple and red.
• Watermelon, the fruit which is really a Vegetable.
• Watermelon contains more lycopene, an
antioxidant that may help to reduce the risks of cancer
and other diseases.
Watermelons are mostly available
throughout year. It is a perfect fruit to
a salad, salsa, or cool drink.
Watermelon is an American
preferred for meals and snacks.
• The largest watermelon on world record (Guinness
Book of World Records) weights 262 pounds.
• The jackfruit is a gigantic, spined, oval fruit that have
been first cultivated in Indian rainforests.
• It is a very nutritional and tasty fruit and even the
seed of the fruit is edible and very high in nutritional
• The Fruit contains a high quantity of Vitamins such
as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Sodium, and
many added feature of nutrients.
• Lemon and lime juice, both from the fresh fruit and
from juice concentrates, provide more citric acid per
liter than ready-to-consume grapefruit juice, ready-to-
consume orange juice, and orange juice squeezed from
• Citrus is one of most important
horticultural industries in NSW with
a production area of around 13,000
•Papaya fruit comes in different colors and sizes.
•40 types of papayas are cultivated
and it is known world wide.
•The inner cavity of the fruit contains
black round seeds which look like a
•The fruit contain papain which digests proteins.
•Papaya fruits not only offer taste but also have some
nutrients in it such as vitamin A, C, E, K, folate, dietary
fiber, and minerals such as potassium, iron, and
•Breadfruit looks green in color, when matured little sap
will be leaked out which makes the fruit to appear more
yellow in color when ripe.
•Breadfruit is low in Saturated Fat,
Cholesterol and Sodium and very
high in Vitamin C, Dietary Fiber
•Breadfruit has been considered as a
nutritionally beneficial fruit.
•The fiber present in breadfruit helps to make the
intestines and bowels work properly by clearing out the
junk from the intestines.
•The sapodilla Fruit is a chewing
gum component and also the
source of chicle.
•Childish fruits of sapodilla's are boiled and the
decoction taken to stop Diarrhea.
•The seed paste of the sapodilla seeds is applied on
stings and bites from venomous animals.
•The latex derived from the tree is used to fill tooth
cavities in the tropics.
• Acai is a small, round and blackish purple coloured
fruit. It looks like a grape, but smaller and darker than
•Acai has an amazing antioxidant qualities.
•It is very rich in some antioxidant such as Vitamin C
•It strengthens our IMMUNE SYSTEM and provides
with greater energy and stamina
•Cempedak is a sausage-shaped fruit,
smaller in size when compared to that
of a jack fruit and bigger when compared
to other fruits.
• The surface of the Cempedak flesh is very soft, sweet
which haves a strong aroma.
• Cempedak has a rich vitamin A content which mainly
helps to heal the eye and also keeps the cornea to be
Thanks for your patience on visiting my slide. Please
feel free to post your valuable comments.