1. Open Financial Platform for Solarlights Distribution!Jennifer Lauber Patterson!December 2011!
2. “Commercialising inspirational sustainablesolutions”
!§  Green asset development and advisory company, who works with investors, developers and entrepreneurs to build world class, low carbon, and green businesses!§  Committed shareholder and long-term partner to its growing portfolio of businesses!§  Carbonsoft is a subsidiary of Frontier Carbon and has created the Open Financial Platform for Solar Lights Distribution!
3. Why is it important to ﬁnd a solution?! §  Around 1.4 billion people, or 300 million households have no access to electricity (1)! §  Solar lights replace kerosene usage which reduce CO2 emissions! §  Improved health beneﬁts (reduced smoke in homes)! §  Reduced Safety Risk (ﬁres caused by Kerosene)! §  Providing local employment ! §  Kerosene is expensive. In Tanzania – a family may recoup up to 25% of their disposable income!Source (1) Lighting Africa!
6. What is Unique?!§  CarbonSoft (in partnership with Standard Bank) is developing the ﬁrst solar lamp PoA under the CDM which shall be established across Malawi and expanding to over 20 countries!§  Open platform developed under a programmatic CDM project that services multiple suppliers and distributors !§  Ready made solution for distributors and solar light retailers without the risk of developing a POA registration !§  Up front costs of UN registration fully funded!§  CarbonSoft generates income through the generation and sale of carbon credits!§  Sharing of carbon credit revenue with clients which may be used for reducing the price of solar lamps, or for non-proﬁts, to help fund their charitable projects!
8. Challenges!§  Registration by end of 2012!§  Working capital !§  Local knowledge / development partnerships!§  Capacity building on distribution!
9. Key Contacts! Carbonsoft! Sebastian Foot ! !Managing Director !London! !! Alex Lauber! ! !Director, Asia ! !Melbourne! Omair Nayyar ! !CDM Associate !New Delhi!!Jennifer Lauber Patterson – Jennifer@frontier-Carbon.net!Executive Director, Frontier Carbon!Telephone: +61 431263000!