A brief introduction to business models based on creative commons.
A brief introduction to business models based on creative commons. ___How business can make more money by sharing___ ___How creative commons can be promoted through illustrating the business potential___
2. How business can
make more money by sharing
How creative commons can be promoted
through illustrating the business potential
3. Many companies are using:
“The amazing power of the internet to spread”
4. ...and then monetize these ideas in other ways
for a larger overall proﬁt
5. 1 Why share.......
2 The business of sharing.......
6. Why share
7. Because It’s a practical
way of sharing....
8. The musician...
9. .....that would like people to
remix his music
11. The writer who wants
people to share his book
with their ﬁrends.....
12. That is good because....
...it lets everybody enjoy
13. ...and it fosters creativety and innovation
for the good of society
14. The business of sharing
15. Sharing is fun, sharing makes you
happy, sharing is good for society
is also good for business
16. Today many industries
are in trouble
17. Because with the internet
you can now copy music, books
movies etc. at virtually no cost
Which hurts the traditional business models
18. We have all heard about
the crisis in the recording
19. yet some businesses see it differently
20. They see the sharing ability of the internet as a good
thing.... and use it to make a larger profit
21. by sharing the mp3..
22. ...and selling
23. or sharing the pdf...
24. ...and selling the lecture
26. Flat world Knowledge have textbooks freely
available online. They make a profit from selling
physical books, audio books, study guides ect.
27. Magnatunes let users listen online, and use the
music for non proﬁt and developing projects, using
the CC licens
Once a project becomes commercial or someone
decides to download the music, they have to pay.
28. Nine Inch Nails let fans freely share
the album Ghosts I-IV, using a
Creative Commons license.
They have made a proﬁt from selling
other products, like a $300 limited
edition delux box set.
29. + many more
30. For more cases and tools
31. ranger rick : http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/rangerrick/
Kyle May: http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/kylemay/
Hugo Royer : http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/badaboum6/
wet web work: http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/wetwebwork/
The Waving Cat http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/thewavingcat/
Nine Inch Nails: http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/nineinchnails/
patrick h. lauke: http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/redux/