We need some photos of Art Exhibition: Workshop: Master Class: Street Acts: Front Page: background dark blue: LOGO shocking pink!!!
Bulgaria : Finland: Poland: Kenya: South Africa: India: British Council: Goethe Institute: Japan Foundation: India
Host Partners: Chiang Mai: Governor and Municipality Office: Phuket: Governor and Municipality Office: Bangkok: TAT BMA: Governor and Municipality Office: General: TAT
Khun Tip are the facts correct?????
1. 11 th International Dance Festival 25 November – 3 December 2011 at Benjasiri Park & Thailand Cultural Center (Main hall)
2. Mission Statement <ul><li>The friends-of-the-Arts (a self-supporting non-profit entity) charitably nurture and excite interest in performing arts among young talented Thais throughout the Kingdom. Part of proceeds from the friends-of-the-Arts annual events are donated to charitable organizations who work towards the well-being of children, family and community in the Kingdom of Thailand. Throughout the year the foundation stages performances to raise funds and encourage the young Thai talented to perform in a professional environment: (using state of the art sound, lighting and stage props). The friends-of-the-Arts foundation incorporates universal values which transcend all boundaries of geography, nationality, political philosophy, gender, age, race or religion. </li></ul><ul><li>For further information on upcoming for future event: please enter: </li></ul><ul><li>< www.friends-of-the-Arts.info >. </li></ul>
3. Background <ul><li>In 1982, the International Dance Committee founded International Dance Day to be celebrated every year on the 29 th of April. The date commemorates the birthday of Jean-Georges Noverre, who was born in 1727 and was a great reformer of dance. In 2000 Khun Varaom Pachimsawat was invited to establish the International Dance Day in Thailand. For further information enter: </li></ul><ul><li>< http:// portal.unesco.org/culture/en/ev.phpURL_ID =26680&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html > </li></ul><ul><li>In 2008 “Dance Day” was renamed as the “International Dance Festival”: the date was brought forwards to an earlier date in the year to avoid the possibility of rain. </li></ul><ul><li>The 2009 & 2010 “International Dance Festival” was considered very successful! </li></ul><ul><li>Dance Centre school of performing arts organised all the events until the friends-of-the-Arts foundation was formally established in 2005. </li></ul><ul><li>H.E. Anand Panyarachun is a founder and honorary chairman of the friends-of-the-Arts foundation board. </li></ul><ul><li>The “International Dance Festival” is now organised by the friends-of-the-Arts foundation. </li></ul>
4. Summary <ul><li>The friends-of-the-Arts foundation plans a free public festival at Benjasiri park, Bangkok. </li></ul><ul><li>2011 the directors plan for over 400 performing artists (representatives from the best of Thailand plus international performing artist/dancers from dance companies around the world) on two stages in Bangkok (over 50,000 audience to attend over the weekend). </li></ul><ul><li>In addition there are planned to be Master Classes: Workshops: “Young Talent Showcase”: Visual Arts Exhibitions </li></ul>
5. Program Summary <ul><li>25 th November “opening ceremony” at Benjasiri Park </li></ul><ul><li>26 th - 27 th November free public performance at Benjasiri Park </li></ul><ul><li>28 th November – 3 rd December: theatre staged events and workshops </li></ul>
6. Featured at Each Venue <ul><li>Free Public Performances: 10-15 minute performance from Thai and International dance company: free event in public venue </li></ul><ul><li>Main Performances: private invitation “fund raiser” staged at special venues hosted by the Embassy and the friends-of-the-Arts foundation: 90 minute performance in total </li></ul><ul><li>Young Talent Showcase: young talent invited to perform 16.00 – 18.00 hours: (2 nd - 3 rd Day of the festival at public venue). an opportunity for young talent performing artists/dancers to stage their work! </li></ul>
7. Other Events <ul><li>Street Acts: fun loving performing artist willing to show their craft as “buskers” traditional street performers </li></ul><ul><li>Arts Exhibition: an outlet for skilled craftspeople </li></ul><ul><li>Master Classes: special classes for experiences students and professionals artists </li></ul><ul><li>Workshops: open classes free of charge for all!: different disciples to be announced: taught by seasoned professionals </li></ul><ul><li>Visual Arts Exhibitions: theme: “ dance and movement ” visual arts competitions </li></ul>
8. Goals <ul><li>to develop Thai youth to discover their own natural talent. </li></ul><ul><li>to support young talented and professional Thai artists. </li></ul><ul><li>to organize performances; master classes: workshop; seminars; exhibitions. </li></ul><ul><li>to introduce and promote performing arts to the general public. </li></ul><ul><li>to establish exchange programs with international institutions. </li></ul><ul><li>to network and collaborate with individual performing artists and arts organization. </li></ul><ul><li>to educate and open minds to the joy-of-life through the performing arts </li></ul>
9. Target Audience <ul><li>General Public </li></ul><ul><li>Domestic and International Tourists </li></ul><ul><li>Arts Lovers </li></ul><ul><li>Students Young and Old! </li></ul><ul><li>Local & international Press </li></ul>
10. Target Audience <ul><li>General Public </li></ul><ul><li>Domestic and International Tourists </li></ul><ul><li>Arts Lovers </li></ul><ul><li>Students Young and Old! </li></ul><ul><li>Media & Press </li></ul><ul><li>“ Expectation: More than 50,000 audiences to attend the 2011 festival” </li></ul>
11. Cultural Partners Embassy of Israel Embassy of Italy Embassy of Argentina Embassy of Sri Lanka Embassy of the People's Republic of China Embassy of Czech Republic Embassy of Arab Egypt Embassy of The Republic of Korea Embassy of The United States Embassy of the Republic of Poland Embassy of India British Embassy Embassy of Romania Embassy of Switzerland Embassy of Spain
12. Program Dates: 25 th November – 3 rd December 2011 Host Partners: Governor of Bangkok and Bangkok Municipality Opening Ceremony: Friday 25th November (18.30 - 20.00 hours) Benjasiri Park Presided over by the Bangkok Governor with cocktail reception (invitation only) Carefully selected performances: art exhibitions Free Public Performances: workshops/ master classes/ art exhibition/ Venue: Benjasiri Park: Dance Centre @ The Capitol Club Dates: 26 th - 27 th November 2011: 16.00 -18.00 hours “Young Talent Showcase” 18.00 -19.00 hours young local choreographers performances. 19.00 - 21.00 hours performances from international guest dance companies (excerpt for main performances)
13. Bangkok Highlight Performance: Invited guest Cultural Partners to stage their works at the following venue: Thailand Cultural Center (Main Hall) Dates: 28 th November – 3 rd December Time: 19.30-21.00 hours Master classes/ workshops 28th November – 3rd December conduct by international artists/choreographers.
14. Host Partners
15. Benjasiri Park
16. 10 th International Dance Festival Festival Facts and Information - Organized by the friends-of-the-Arts foundation in partnership with Thailand’s Ministry of Culture and the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration. - 12 international performing companies participated. - Over 400 dancers and performing artists to participated in the festival. - Over 70 live performances were held. - 10 master classes (for professional performing artists) in dance and percussion conducted by leading international choreographers and musicians. - 10 free workshops for the general public. - Over 50,000 people enjoy this free event held over 7 days.