1. Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL)Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) (BSE: 500696) is Indias largest fast-movingconsumer goods company based in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It is owned by theBritish-Dutch company Unilever which controls 52% majority stake in HUL.HUL was formed in 1933 as Lever Brothers India Limited and came into being in1956 as Hindustan Lever Limited through a merger of Lever Brothers, HindustanVanaspati Mfg. Co. Ltd. and United Traders Ltd. It is headquarteredinMumbai, India and has an employee strength of over 16,500 employees  andcontributes to indirect employment of over 65,000 people. The company wasrenamed in June 2007 as “Hindustan Unilever Limited”.Lever Brothers started its actual operations in India in the summer of 1888, whencrates full of Sunlight soap bars, embossed with the words "Made in England byLever Brothers" were shipped to the Kolkata harbour and it began an era ofmarketing branded Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG)Hindustan Unilevers distribution covers over 2 million retail outlets across Indiadirectly and its products are available in over 6.4 million outlets in the country. Asper Nielsen market research data, two out of three Indians use HUL products.Brands. HUL is the market leader in Indian consumer products with presence inover 20 consumer categories such as soaps, tea, detergents and shampoos amongstothers with over 700 million Indian consumers using its products. Seventeen ofHUL’s brands featured in the ACNielsen Brand Equity list of 100 Most TrustedBrands Annual Survey (2011). The company also happens to have the highestnumber of brands in this list, with six brands featuring in the top 15 list.The company has a distribution channel of 6.3 million outlets and owns 35 majorIndian brands. Its brands include:Food brands: Annapurna salt and atta Bru coffee Brooke Bond (3 Roses, Taj Mahal, Taaza, Red Label) tea Kissan squashes,ketchups, juices and jams Lipton tea Knorr soups & meal makers and soupy noodles Kwality Walls ice cream
2. Modern Bread, ready to eat chapattis and other bakery itemsHomecare Brands ActiveWheel detergent Cif Cream Cleaner Comfort fabric softeners Domex disinfectant/toilet cleaner Rin detergents and bleach Sunlight detergent and colour care Surf Excel detergent and gentle wash Vim dishwashPersonal Care Brands: Aviance Beauty Solutions Axe deodorant and aftershaving lotion LEVER Ayush Therapy ayurvedic health care and personal care products Breeze beauty soap Clear anti-dandruff hair products Clinic Plus shampoo and oil Close Up toothpaste Dove bar & skin cleansing, hair care range,lotions & Creams and anti- perspirant deodorants Denim shaving products Fair & Lovely - fairness products Hamam Lakmé beauty products and salons Lifebuoy soaps and handwash range Liril 2000 soap Lux soap Pears soap Pepsodent toothpaste Ponds talcs and creams Rexona soap Sunsilk shampoo Sure anti-perspirant Vaseline petroleum jelly, skin care lotions
3. ITC LimitedITC Limited (BSE: 500875) or ITC is an Indian public conglomerate companyheadquartered in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. Its diversified business includesfour segments: Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), Hotels, Paperboards,Paper & Packaging and Agri Business. ITCs annual turnover stood at $7 billionand market capitalizationof over $33 billion. The company has its registered officein Kolkata. It started off as the Imperial Tobacco Company, and shares ancestrywith Imperial Tobacco of the United Kingdom, but it is now fully independent, andwas rechristened to Indian Tobacco Company in 1970 and then to I.T.C. Limitedin 1974.The company is currently headed by Yogesh Chander Deveshwar. It employs over26,000 people at more than 60 locations across India and is listed on Forbes 2000.ITC Limited completed 100 years on 24 August 2010.ITC has a diversified presence in Cigarettes, Hotels, Paperboards & SpecialtyPapers, Packaging, Agri-Business, Packaged Foods & Confectionery, InformationTechnology, Branded Apparel, Personal Care, Stationery, Safety Matches andother FMCG products. While ITC is an outstanding market leader in its traditionalbusinesses of Cigarettes, Hotels, Paperboards, Packaging and Agri-Exports, it israpidly gaining market share even in its nascent businesses of Packaged Foods &Confectionery, Branded Apparel, Personal Care and Stationery.HistoryThe company had founded-pioneered canteens for the workers, free medical care,sports facilities and paid holidays. In 1830, the company was renamed W.D. &H.O. Wills. Their first brand was Bristol, made at the London factory from 1871 to1974. Three Castles and Gold Flake followed in 1878 and Woodbine ten yearslater.In 1901 Sir William Henry Wills formed the Imperial Tobacco Company from amerger of W.D. & H.O. Wills with seven other British tobacco companies. Imperialremains one of the worlds largest tobacco companies. Embassy was introduced in1914 and relaunched in 1962 with coupons. The last member of the Wills family toserve the company was Christopher, the great great grandson of H.O. Wills I. Heretired as sales 1969.
4. List of products & brandsIn FMCG, ITC has a strong presence in : Cigarettes: W. D. & H. O. Wills, Gold Flake Kings, Gold Flake Premium, Navy Cut, Insignia, India Kings, Classic (Verve, Menthol, Menthol Rush, Regular,Citric Twist, Mild & Ultra Mild), 555, Benson & Hedges, Silk Cut, Scissors, Capstan, Berkeley, Bristol, Lucky Strike, Players and Flake. Foods: (Kitchens of India; Ashirvaad,Minto,Sunfeast,Candyman,Bingo,Yippee, Sunfeast Pasta brands in Ready to Eat, Staples, Biscuits, Confectionery, Noodles and Snack Foods); Apparel: (Wills Lifestyle and John Players brands); Personal care: (Fiama di Wills; Vivel; Essenza di Wills; Superia; Vivel di Wills brands of products in perfumes, haircare and skincare) Stationery: (Classmate and PaperKraft brands) Safety Matches and Agarbattis: [Ship (through ownership of WIMCO); iKno; Mangaldeep; Aim brands]Other businesses include: Hotels: ITCs hotels (under brands including WelcomHotel) have evolved into being Indias second largest hotel chain with over 80 hotels throughout the country. ITC is also the exclusive franchisee in India of two brands owned by Sheraton International Inc.- The Luxury Collection and Sheraton which ITC uses in association with its own brands in the luxury 5 star segment. Brands in the hospitality sector owned and operated by its subsidiaries includeFortune[disambiguation needed ] and WelcomeHeritage brands. Paperboard, Specialty Paper, Graphic and other Paper; Packaging and Printing for diverse international and Indian clientele. Infotech (through its fully owned subsidiary ITC Infotech India Limited which is a SEI CMM Level 5 company)
5. Procter & Gamble (P&G)Procter & Gamble (P&G) is a Fortune 500 American multinationalcorporation headquartered in downtownCincinnati, Ohio and manufactures a widerange of consumer goods.In 2011, P&G recorded $82.6 billion dollars in sales. Fortune magazine rankedP&G at fifth place of the "Worlds Most Admired Companies" list, which was upfrom sixth place in 2010. Procter & Gamble is the only Fortune 500 company toissue C Share common stock.Brands24 of P&Gs brands have more than a billion dollars in net annual sales, accordingto the 2011 Annual Report.Leadership Brands Ace is a brand of laundry detergent/liquid available in numerous forms and scents. Always is a brand of feminine care products. Ariel is a brand of laundry detergent/liquid available in numerous forms and scents. Bold is a brand of laundry detergent/liquid. Bounce is a brand of laundry products sold in the United States and Canada. Bounty is a brand of paper towel sold in the United States and Canada. Braun is a small-appliances manufacturer specializing in electric shavers, epilators, hair care appliances and blenders. Cascade is a brand of dishwashing products. CoverGirl is a brand of womens cosmetics. Crest/Oral B is a brand of toothpaste and teeth whitening products. Dash is a brand of laundry detergent/liquid. Dawn/Fairy is a brand of dishwashing detergent. Dolce & Gabbana is a brand of fine fragrances. Downy/Lenor is a brand of fabric softener. Duracell is a brand of batteries and flashlights. Eukanuba is a brand of pet food. Febreze/Ambi Pur is a brand of air fresheners.
6. Fixodent is a brand of air denture adhesives. Fusion is a brand of mens wet shave razors and is the quickest P&G brand to have reached $1 billion in annual sales. Gain is a brand of laundry detergent, fabric softeners and liquid dish soap. Gillette is a brand of safety razor and male grooming products. Head & Shoulders is a brand of anti-dandruff shampoo and conditioners. Herbal Essences is a brand of shampoo and conditioners. Hugo Boss is a brand of fine fragrances. Iams is a brand of pet food. Luvs is a brand of baby diapers. Mach3 is a brand of safety razor and male grooming products. Max Factor is a brand of womens cosmetics. Mister Clean is a brand of multi-purpose cleaner, and spray sold in the United States and Great Britain. Olay is a brand of womens skin care products. Old Spice is a brand of mens grooming products. Oral-B is a brand of toothbrush, and oral care products. Pampers is a brand of disposable diaper and other baby care products. Pantene is a brand of hair care products (conditioners/styling aids). Prestobarba/Blue is a brand of safety razor and male grooming products. Prilosec is an over the counter drug. Puffs is a brand of tissues. Rejoice/Pert is a brand of hair care products (conditioners/styling aids). Safeguard is a brand of soaps. Secret is a female anti-perspirant brand. SK-II is a brand of womens skin care products. Swiffer is a brand of house-cleaning products. Tampax is a brand of feminine care products. Tide is a brand of laundry detergent. Venus is a brand female hair removal products. Vicks is an over the counter medication. Wella is a brand name of hair care products (shampoo, conditioner, styling, and hair color).Most of these brands, including Bounty, Crest, and Tide, are global productsavailable on several continents. Procter & Gamble products are available in NorthAmerica, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Australia and NewZealand.
7. Manufacturing operations are based in the following regions: United States Europe Canada China (31 wholly owned factories) and other parts of Mexico Asia Latin Africa America Australia
8. PepsiCo IncPepsiCo Inc. (Stylized as PEPSICO) (NYSE: PEP) is an American multinationalcorporation headquartered inPurchase, New York, United States, with interests inthe manufacturing, marketing and distribution of grain-based snack foods,beverages, and other products. PepsiCo was formed in 1965 with the merger ofthe Pepsi-Cola Company and Frito-Lay, Inc. PepsiCo has since expanded from itsnamesake product Pepsi to a broader range of food and beverage brands, thelargest of which include an acquisition of Tropicana in 1998 and a mergerwith Quaker Oats in 2001 which added the Gatorade brand to its portfolio as well.As of 2009, 19 of PepsiCos product lines generated retail sales of more than$1 billion each, and the company’s products were distributed across more than 200countries, resulting in annual net revenues of $43.3 billion. Based on net revenue,PepsiCo is the second largest food & beverage business in the world. Within NorthAmerica, PepsiCo is ranked (by net revenue) as the largest food and beveragebusiness.Indra Krishnamurthy Nooyi has been the chief executive of PepsiCo since 2006,and the company employed approximately 285,000 people worldwide as of 2010.The company’s beverage distribution and bottling is conducted by PepsiCo as wellas by licensed bottlers in certain regions. PepsiCo is a SIC 2080 (beverage)company.BRANDS:7UPAlivaAquafinaGatoradeKurkureLaysLehar NamkeenMirindaMountain DewNimboozPepsiQuaker OatsSliceTropicanaUncle Chipps
9. Coca-ColaCoca-Cola is a carbonated soft drink sold in stores, restaurants, and vendingmachines in more than 200 countries. It is produced by The Coca-ColaCompany of Atlanta, Georgia, and is often referred to simply as Coke (a registeredtrademark of The Coca-Cola Company in the United States since March 27, 1944).Originally intended as a patent medicine when it was invented in the late 19thcentury by John Pemberton, Coca-Cola was bought out by businessman AsaGriggs Candler, whose marketing tactics led Coke to its dominance of the worldsoft-drink market throughout the 20th century.The company produces concentrate, which is then sold to licensed Coca-Colabottlers throughout the world. The bottlers, who hold territorially exclusivecontracts with the company, produce finished product in cans and bottles from theconcentrate in combination with filtered water and sweeteners. The bottlers thensell, distribute and merchandise Coca-Cola to retail stores and vending machines.Such bottlers includeCoca-Cola Enterprises, which is the largest single Coca-Colabottler in North America and western Europe. The Coca-Cola Company also sellsconcentrate for soda fountains to major restaurants and food service distributors.The Coca-Cola Company has, on occasion, introduced other cola drinks under theCoke brand name. The most common of these is Diet Coke, with othersincluding Caffeine-Free Coca-Cola, Diet Coke Caffeine-Free, Coca-ColaCherry, Coca-Cola Zero, Coca-Cola Vanilla, and special versions with lemon, limeor coffee.Based on Interbrands best global brand 2011, Coca-Cola was the worlds mostvaluable brand.
11. NestleNestlé S.A. (French pronunciation: [nɛsˈle]) is the worlds largest food andnutrition company. Founded and headquartered in Vevey, Switzerland, Nestléoriginated in a 1905 merger of the Anglo-Swiss Milk Company, established in1867 by brothers George Page and Charles Page, and Farine Lactée Henri Nestlé,founded in 1866 by Henri Nestlé. The company grew significantly during the FirstWorld War and again following the Second World War, eventually expanding itsofferings beyond its early condensed milk and infant formula products. Today, thecompany operates in 86 countries around the world, and employs over 280,000people.BRANDS:ALLENSBODYWISEBUTTER MENTHOLCARNATIONCLUBCOUNTRY CUPDIETLEAN CUISINEMAGGIMILOMILO CEREALMUSASHINESCAFÉNESQUIKNESTLE BAKERS CORNERNESTLE START WELL