View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
2G Licensing Number of Name of company Parent group licenses cancelled Joint venture between Swan Telecom ofEtisalat-DB 15 India and Etisalat of UAE Aditya Birla Groupof IndiaIdea Cellular (49.05%), Axiata Group Berhad of Malaysia 13 (15%) & Providence Equity(10.6%)of USALoop Mobile formerly Owned by Khaitan Holding Group 21BPL Mobile Joint venture between C Sivasankaran of India and Batelco of Bahrain. After the Supreme Courts decision Batelco sold itsS Tel 6 42.7% stake to C Sivasankaran company Sky City Foundation Ltd. for $175 millionSistema Shyam Joint venture between Shyam group ofTeleServices Limited, 21 Indian and Sistema of Russianow MTS India
Number of Name of company Parent group licenses cancelledTata Teleservices Owned by Tata Group of India 3 Joint venture between Unitech Group ofUninor 22 India and Telenor of Norway Unitech GroupVideocon 21Telecommunications Owned by Videocon group of IndiaLimited
Number Telecom regions Name of of for which license Remarks Company license was granted granted Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, JammuAdonis Projects & Kashmir, 6Pvt. Ltd. Punjab, Adonis Projects, Nahan Rajasthan, Uttar Properties, Aska Projects, Volga Pradesh (East) Properties, Azare Properties & Assam, Bihar, Hudson Properties were acquired North East, by Unitech. UnitechNahan Properties Orissa, Uttar 6 Infrastructure and UnitechPvt. Ltd. Pradesh (East), Builders & Estates were already West Bengal subsidiaries of Unitech Group. So in 2008Unitech had 22 2GAska Projects Andhra Pradesh, 3 licenses. Later in the same yearLtd. Kerala, Karnataka Norway based Gujarat, Madhya company Telenor boughtVolga Properties Pradesh, 3 majority stake in the telecomPvt. Ltd. Maharashtra company from the Unitech Group. Now it offers servicesAzure Properties Kolkata 1 underUninor brand holding 22Ltd. pan India licences.Hudson Delhi 1PropertiesUnitech Builders Tamil Nadu 1& Estates Pvt. (including
Ltd. Chennai)UnitechInfrastructures Mumbai 1Pvt. Ltd. Bihar, Gujarat, Himachal, Pradesh, Kerala, Kolkata, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh (East), Uttar Pradesh (West), West Bengal, AndhraLoop Telecom Pradesh, Delhi, 21Pvt. Ltd. Haryana, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Orissa, Tamil Nadu (including Chennai), Assam, Jammu & Kashmir, Madhya Pradesh, North East Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Gujarat, Haryana, HimachalDatacom Operates under brand Pradesh, JammuSolutions Pvt. 21 name Videocon & Kashmir,Ltd. Telecommunications Limited Karnataka, Kerala, Kolkata, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra,
North East, Orissa, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu (including Chennai), Uttar Pradesh (East), Uttar Pradesh (West), West Bengal, Delhi, Mumbai Madhya Pradesh, Kerala, Kolkata, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh (East), Uttar Pradesh (West), West Bengal, Andhra Shyam Telelink Limited & Pradesh, Delhi, Shyani Telelink Limited operateShyam Telelink together with their combined 21 Haryana, 17Limited licenses. During late 2008 Karnataka, Maharashtra, Russia based Orissa, Tamil group Sistema bought majority Nadu (including stake in the telecom company Chennai), Assam, and now they operate under Jammu & brand name MTS India. Kashmir, North East Mumbai, Bihar,Shyani Telelink Gujarat, Himachal 4Limited Pradesh Andhra Pradesh, In 2008, Swan Telecom mergedSwan Telecom Gujarat, Haryana, itself with Allianz Infratech (P) 13Pvt. Ltd. Karnataka, Ltd. During late 2008 Abu Kerala, Dhabis Etisalat bought about 45
Maharashtra, percent of the company and Punjab, renamed it to Etisalat DB Rajasthan, Tamil Telecom Nadu (including Chennai), Uttar Pradesh (East), Uttar Pradesh (West), Delhi, MumbaiAllianz Infratech Bihar, Madhya 2(P) Ltd. Pradesh Assam, Punjab, Karnataka, Jammu and Idea Cellular bought Spice Kashmir, North Communications Ltd. in 2008Idea Cellular East, Kolkata, 9 for an amount of West Bengal, 2,700 crore (US$538.65 Orissa, Tamil million). So out of 122 Nadu (including spectrum licenses sold in Chennai) 2008 Idea Cellular owns 13Spice Delhi, Andhra licensesCommunications Pradesh, Haryana, 4Ltd. Maharashtra In January 2009, Bahrain Telecommunications signed a Assam, Jammu deal withS Tel to buy 49% and Kashmir, shares in S Tel for $225S Tel Orissa, North 6 million. C Sivasankaran owns East, Bihar, the remaining (51%) Himachal Pradesh share. In May 2009, Sahara Group bought 11.7% stake in S TelTata Jammu and 3 In late 2008 promoters of Tata
Teleservices Kashmir, Assam, Teleservices sold 26% equity North East stake to a Japanese telecom giant NTT Docomo for about 13,070 crore (US$2.61 billion) or an enterprise value of 50,269 crore (US$10.03 billion).