1. The Global Executive ? Who is He/She? What Defines a Him/Her ? What makes him/her Tick? Summarized presentation by Thomas
2. Person appointed and given the Authority and Responsibility to manage the affairs of a Global Organization and make Decisions within specified Boundaries. Defining a Global Executive
3. <ul><li>In Terms of a GE a person is defined on the following traits and attributes. </li></ul>Defining a Global Executive Background –Shed the unwanted weight, keep and make use of the Positives. Skills –The rule here Practice makes Perfect. Attitude – Your Approach to different situations & different People <ul><li>Person </li></ul><ul><li>The Person is Fundamental Element in the Definition of the GE, without him the definition amounts to nothing. </li></ul>
4. Authority and Responsibility A&R go hand in hand, The More the Authority the Higher the Responsibility. ‘ With More Power comes more Responsibility” Defining a Global Executive contd… Spiderman 1.
5. Defining a Global Executive contd… Global Organization On a Wider Definition this will include Peers in the within an Industry, and contacts beyond the boundries of your industry etc…on a wider net. Networking is Key to a GE and is a key factor in success
6. "Going to work for a large company is like getting on a train. Are you going sixty miles an hour or is the train going sixty miles an hour and you're just sitting still?" -J. Paul Getty Something for Y O U to think about !!!
7. Defining a Global Executive contd… Decisions Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide. Napoleon Bonaparte The ability to take the right decisions at the right time consistently will keep you moving upward. Vice versa….
8. Defining a Global Executive contd… Specified Boundaries When you play the Executive Game, as in any Game it is vital to know the Rules…..some Written some Unwritten. Else the Referee will blow the Whistle and even send you out.
9. Defining a Global Executive contd… Work-Life Balance Think about it "The world is full of willing people, some willing to work, the rest willing to let them." - Robert Frost Work is not the Full Pizza but it is only a Slice of Life….. Hence all work and no Play will ultimately burn the Executive down.
10. Why N O W is the Time …… ??? The shackles that kept the Country Economically bound for 30 years have now been broken . Growth in Traditional Wealth Centers (US, Eurozone) is slowing while growth is moving towards the East. (China, India and Brazil are Latest growth centers) Explosive growth expected in all major sectors supported by major infrastructure development.
11. Why NOW is the Time …… ??? Contd… Sri Lanka is going to be a knowledge hub. The Government is promoting a knowledge based economy. Dr. P. B Jayasudara Secretary – Ministry of Finance
12. Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved." Winston Churchill