Tell classes they will have two minutes to discuss the above question
Classes can type one thing on the board that their class thought of with their school name
In your classes discuss some ideas you have for questions for 2 minutes then select one to put on the board. Once all the spaces are filled please do not add any more. You can put questions on the discussion board after the meet.
Type a question inside the box with your school name.
You have 3 minutes to discuss your ideas on this question and can type one thing your class discussed in the box. When the boxes are full please don’t add any more.
You have 3 minutes to chat in class about your ideas for questions. Choose one to ask as a class. Fit your question in a box. If we run out of space you can ask it on the discussion board under the Ask an Astronaut tab in the Sciences meet room after the meet.
1. Welcome to “Ask an astronaut Glow meet” 9.50 am to 10.50am with Heather Paul & Nick Patrick
2. Heather Paul Lead Engineer Spacesuit Design <ul><li>Specialises in life support designs for the next generation of suits. </li></ul><ul><li>Lead engineer for the ventilation subsystems and works on the thermal control system </li></ul><ul><li>Field test simulations – astronauts experience similar conditions to space </li></ul>
3. What sorts of things do you think a spacesuit designer needs to consider?
4. Write your ideas here Example – Protection Mary view Primary
5. <ul><li>Discuss for 2 minutes some of the questions you have </li></ul><ul><li>Choose one from your class and type it onto the next board along with your schools name </li></ul><ul><li>Some of the questions from the discussion board will be asked </li></ul>Questions for Heather
6. Who is your Favourite Astronaut? Sacred Heart What would happen if an astronaut removed their helmet in space? Sanderson Does it feel stuffy inside a suit? East Calder How do you make a space suit? LVPS Which material is a spacesuit made from? Harrysmuir What does it feel like to walk in space? Gavinburn Why are space suits white & not pink? Port Ellen
7. Nicholas J MacDonald Patrick NASA Astronaut <ul><li>Mission Specialist on STS 116 and STS 130 </li></ul><ul><li>Logged 638 hours in space </li></ul><ul><li>18 hours EVA time during three spacewalks </li></ul><ul><li>11 million miles and over 400 orbits of the earth </li></ul>
9. What are the pros and cons of working in space? – Put your ideas below. Pros Cons
10. Questions for Nick <ul><li>Discuss your questions as a class </li></ul><ul><li>How will you choose which one to ask as a class. </li></ul><ul><li>2 minutes to discuss. </li></ul><ul><li>Put it up on the next board </li></ul>
11. What kind of food do you eat on the space station? Dedridge What is the view like? - Cornbank What do you eat? Dedridge Will you be looking for signs of life in the water? Letham Is it a dangerous job? Letham What is it like to live on a space Station? East Calder What is the best thing about being In space? Larbert Village How long does it take to get used to being Weightless? Inveralmond How do you go to the toilet in space? Harrysmuir Can you smell things in space? Port Ellen