Stats and metrics
• If serious, need to measure success - what
are you doing right or wrong?
• Integral stats like follower count, re-tweets
• Stats packages e.g. Wordpress built in,
Google Analytics, Facebook
• For a blog look at unique visitors, views per
What is in a name?
UK Human Rights Blog
1 COR Blog
Anthony Gold Blog
Garden Court Blog
UK Supreme Court blog
HJT Training Blog
• to help the editor and other contributors
think through new developments and also
• to provide updates, pointers and links for
the benefit of other immigration lawyers
• and for migrants researching their own
• Not necessarily your normal one
• Humanises and engages
• Provides interest to readers
• Language, grammar, sentence structure, post
length is all crucial
• Style matters
• Use of links and sources
• Internet is a visual medium
• Humour or at least humanity important
Building an audience
• Write for your intended audience
• Write regularly - at least twice a week
• Comment on other people's blogs
• Be generous with your praise and links
• Improve your offering
Don't do it unless...
• You can write well and clearly
• You have time and will continue to have time
• Willingness to learn a bit about technical side
• You are a weirdo / nerd / geek / suffer OCD /
all of above
What did my blog ever
do for me?
• Original aims still being met
• Platform – ego and altruism
• Cold, hard cash - some but not a
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.