Internet of Things
• The main idea refers to a type of network for
connecting any kind of object with the
Internet for conducting information exchange
and communication with the goal of
achieving services like monitoring, tracing,
positioning and smart recognitions .
• Current internet can support such a
challenge, i.e., scalability, naming,
identification, addressing for billions of
• Hundreds of worldwide initiatives to
redesign the Internet are underway – Future
Internet (FI) design.
• New proposals for internet architectures
and protocols   .
• Set of distributed systems
where any information
processing is seen as a service,
• The services must organize themselves using names
and contracts where the objective is to create a clean
slate architecture for new information exchanging
and processing class .
NovaGenesis as concept
• Micro application server: used for
controlling the “things” that are connected
on it, managing their services and working
as a central database.
• “Things”: objects with specific objectives
like sensing, billing, data collection, and
For the things (objects)
• Design an architecture that can be easily
ported and used in any SoC device allowing
flexibility on updating the object
For the main application server
• Design an architecture with data storage
capability and data analysis performance for
managing many objects.
Cooperative scheduler with state-machine tasks
of all tasks
• Web server
• Telnet Server
Command Line Interface (CLI)
• User access with different security levels
• Access to the system information (memory
usage, connected users, etc.)
• Command execution (functionalities)
Micro application server characteristics
• Java running over Ubuntu 12.04 Linux version
• Intel Mini-ITX DN2800MT platform.
• GET HTTP commands for getting object system
• POST HTTP command for sending application
• Telnet client connection for data exchange with
Y. Yu, J. Wang, and G. Zhou, “The exploration in the education of
professionals in applied Internet of Things Engineering,” in 4th
International Conference on Distance Learning and Education (ICDLE),
2010, pp. 74–77.
H. Ning and L. Hong, “Cyber-Physical-Social Based Security Architecture
for Future Internet of Things,” Adv. Internet Things, vol. 02, no. 01, pp. 1–
A. M. Alberti, “Internet of Things : Perspectives , Challenges and
Opportunities Dhananjay Singh Future Internet Ingredients,” in
International Workshop on Telecommunications - IWT, 2013.
M. Gigli, “Internet of Things: Services and Applications Categorization,”
Advances in Internet of Things, vol. 01, no. 02. pp. 27–31, 2011.
A. M. Alberti, “NovaGenesis,” 2012. [Online]. Available:
www.inatel.br/novagenesis. [Accessed: 28-Oct-2013].