This session will teach community members how to approach and talk to developers about Firefox OS so that the developers want to create apps for this platform, and want to help other developers do the same.
Every developer, who developer on the webEvery developer, who developer on the web,
The target audience
…let’s target the low hanging fruit ﬁrst
Every developer, who developer on the web,
using HTML already having an HTML or a
Where can you start speaking?
Creative Commons: http://j.mp/1imN5Vh & http://j.mp/1imN6ID & http://j.mp/1pJJxyH & http://j.mp/SV4JTL
Mozilla can help you
• Giving you training about public speaking
• Helping you ﬁnd a speaking gig in your city
• Paying for travel, and expenses (need approval) to conference
• Adding you to our pool of speakers for BugZilla requests
• MozSpeakers on Mozillians.org
• Add your speaking interests to your proﬁle
• Link to Lanyrd or Slideshare, or any feed of your speaking activities
• Yammer: http://j.mp/1rdZaMi
• Speakers group
Blogging is not just good for you, it help developers to be inspire by
what you do, and what you share with them.
• Write on your own blog
• Write for the Hacks blog
1. Helping to get more comfortable to speak in front of a crowd
2. Starting in a pressure free environment
3. Getting use to manage questions & feedbacks from attendees
4. Receiving tips, and tricks to start on a roll!
ü Alone or in a team of two
ü You have two minutes to present about Firefox OS
ü The attendees will have one minute to ask questions
ü The group will have one minute to give you feedbacks
Mozilla Evangelists mailing list
For discussion about evangelizing to developers about open web
technologies and Mozilla products, through activities such as
speaking, blogging, organizing technical events, and supporting web
Subscribe now - https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/evangelism
Meetup in a box
• NOTE: This event type is still in the concept stage!
• Goal: To help Mozillians who want to host a regular developer
• What: A Github repo of “content packages” on topics related to
app development, Firefox developer tools, etc.
What’s in the box?
• Presentation outline or slides
• Example code project
• Demo script
• Questions or points for
• Link to Hacks post
• Link to screencast/online demo
• Exercise for participants to try
• Links to MDN articles
What do you want in the box?
• Add your ideas: