Design council leading business by design
- 1,313 views
Three findings on how businesses can benefit from design: ...
Three findings on how businesses can benefit from design:
Design is customer-centred
Benefit is greatest when design is intimately related to solving problems, especially customers’ problems.
Design is most powerful when culturally embedded
It works best when it has strong support in the organisation, especially from senior management.
Design can add value to any organisation
Design can benefit manufacturing and service-based organisations, small, medium or large.
Our eight recommendations for how companies can maximise the impact of design:
1. Don’t limit the context in which design can operate
2. Use design to differentiate
3. Integrate design and branding
4. Introduce a design process
5. Trust and support your design talent
6. Embed design in your organisational culture
7. Design your work environment
8. Don’t let the designer’s role be a straitjacket
Case studies exploring how world-class companies like Barlcays, O2, Virgin Atlantic and Diageo used design and what impact it had on their business.
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views