Francisco Javier Roman
• Basic computer`s software that provides a
interface among the rest of programs, the
hardware devices and the user
• The basic functions of an operative
system are administrate the redources of
the machine, coordinate hardware and
manage files directorys in storage devices
Most modern systems now
• Windows 8
• Ubuntu 12.04
• Chrome os
• Android 4.2
• Operating system designed either for
desktop computer as tables, because this
system has 2 desktops one is used as the
normal desktop of windows, and the other
one was made to manage all the
applications tjat the user would have in
• Ubuntu is an operating system that is predominantly focused on
ease of use and installation, the freedom of the users, and regular
releases (every 6 months).
• The name comes from the African concept of ubuntu, which means
"humanity towards others", or "I am because we are". It is also the
name of a movement South African humanist. Ubuntu aims to imbue
this mindset to the world of computers. Ubuntu "Linux for human
beings" slogan sums up one of its main goals: making Linux an
operating system more accessible and easy to use.
• Google Chrome OS is described as a lightweight
operating system that will make its debut
targeting netbook and mobile devices.
• The OS, which is the Google Chrome Web
browser running within a new windowing system
on top of a Linux kernel, is expected to be able
to run on x86 as well as ARM chips. Google is
expected to open source the code in 2009, and
netbooks running the Google Chrome OS will be
available for consumers in the second half of
• Android 4.2 Jelly Bean is the version of Google's mobile operating system that follows Android
4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS). Android 4.2 Jelly Bean will run on tablet computers and
• According to Google, there are more than 600,000 apps and games available for use with
Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, along with thousands of movies and millions of songs and books. New
features in Android 4.2 Jelly Bean include:
• Support for multiple users without the need for logging out.
• Smart keyboard with gesture typing.
• Wireless display of images and videos on big-screen HDTVsets.
• Instant processor acceleration when users touch the screen.
• Wireless image and video sharing among multiple units in close proximity.
• Automatic resizing and relocation of screen widgets for optimum display readability.
• Enhanced screen magnification functions.
• Continuous information updates (news, weather, travel data, etc.) through Google Now.
• Voice-activated Web search with support for more than 30 languages.
• Photo sphere camera for creating navigable panoramic images encompassing all directions in 3D
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.