1. UNIT 10 COMMUNICATIONOVERALL COURSE OBJECTIVESTUDENTS WILL BE ABLE TOC O M M U N I C AT E E F F E C T I V E LYABOUT THE TOPIC OF KEEPINGINT O U C H , T E C H N O L O G Y, N E W E S TI N N O VAT I O N S A N D P E R S O N A LC O M M U N I C AT I O N M E A N S I NGENERAL.
2. TASK: SURVEY AND RESULTSStudents will design a 5 question survey on anytopic related to communication, technology orthe like. They’ll create their survey onwww.surveymonkey.com and will post the linkon the on-line community. Based on theirclassmates’ answers to their survey, studentswill write a report about the results recyclinggrammar from unit 5 lesson B.PORTFOLIO ENTRY: Questions and Report.
3. UNIT 10 LESSON A KEEPING IN TOUCHCommunication: Students will compare theircommunication habits and the technologydevices they use.Language: Students will compare theircommunication habits using comparativeadjectives.Learning Strategies: Students will survey eachother to find out about their communicationhabits and preferences.
4. COMMUNICATION GADGETS AND ONLINE TOOLS traditional Cellphones Internet
5. COMPARATIVES___ er Harder MoreQuicker LessEasier more interesting thanSlower more convenientNicer Less funBiggerFatterIrregular Adjectives:Good betterBad worseFar farther
6. ADJECTIVES Quicker bad Easier more expensive Slower less Worse better Busy more interesting Nicer more convenient More Personal More Fun
7. COMMUNICATION PREFERENCESA: How often do you use …? A: Why’s that?B: I -------- use it. B: I think it is _____er more ____ than____Communication Me Partner 1 Partner 2PreferencesEmailInternetmessengerFacebookmessengerBlackberrymessengerText messagesCellphoneOtherWhich?
8. Facebook messaging is quicker than email/ it’s more innovative than emailI use the cellphone everyday Cellphones are easier than landlinesCellphones are more common than land lines
9. TASKChoose one communication device or software that you like.Create 5 questions about this device or software.Create 4 choices for each questionInclude comparative adjectives in the questionsInclude frequency adverbs in the answer choicesExample:How often do you use the facebook messenger/chat applicationa. Once in a whileb. EverydayC. Neverd. Other ____________Which application do you think is bettera. Facetimeb. Skypec. msn messengerd. Other __________