3. If you need to write an e-mail,
make it brief.
4. e-mail question # 2
How relevant is the
subject line in your e-mail?
5. Use the subject line to summarize the e-mail.
6. e-mail question # 3
How can you avoid
7. The e-mail recipient might not be aware
of the meanings of the abbreviations.
8. e-mail question # 4
How can you avoid
writing in CAPITALS?
9. IF YOU WRITE IN CAPITALS IT SEEMS
AS IF YOU ARE SHOUTING.
10. e-mail question # 5
How is your language
in your e-mail?
11. Further inspiration
12. e-mail question # 6
What about sending a link
instead of an attachment?
13. e-mail tip # 7
How can you avoid using
the ”reply all” button
14. Every 100 people needlessly copied on an
e-mail results in 8 hours of lost productivity,
when accounting for the time it takes people
to read, delete and return to work.
chief analyst at research firm Basex.
15. e-mail question # 8
Do you know where the
recipient of your e-mail is?
Before writing ”have a good afternoon” in an e-mail, consider
in which time zone people, you send the e-mail to, are
17. e-mail question # 9
How often do you check
18. Example of e-mail auto-response
19. A study shows that regaining our initial
momentum following an interruption can
take, on average, upwards of 20 minutes.
20. Further inspiration
21. e-mail question # 10
How good are you at
keeping your inbox clean?
22. # 1: Delete.
Delete any messages you don't need to read or keep.
# 2: Respond.
Reply to messages that can be handled immediately.
# 3: Archive.
If it’s a task for someone else, archive the e-mail.
3 actions to keep your inbox clean
23. When executives at a London-based firm reduced the
number of e-mails they sent, subordinates followed suit.
24. e-mail question # 11
What about using chat
and/or other social media
instead of e-mail?
25. A 5 minute chat may be more efficient than
crafting a message that adequately explains
27. People, who work for Automattic - the
company that runs Wordpress - rarely
Instead they use internal blogs, chat
rooms, and Skype.
The companies Atos, Klick, and Exformatics
stopped using internal e-mails.
29. Email stifles transparent dialogues
30. The most damaging cost of thoughtless e-mail:
It prevents us from doing our best work.