2. GOD IS NOT AGAINSTWEALTH Proverbs 10:22 The blessing of the Lord brings wealth, and he adds no trouble to it. 2
3. GOD IS NOT AGAINST WEALTH The bible has - 2,350 verses- 16 of Jesus’ 38 parables about money
4. IMPORTANCE OF MONEYMANAGEMENT1. Affects our relationship with God Luke 16:11 “Therefore, if you have not been faithful in the use of worldly wealth, who will entrust the true riches to you?”
5. IMPORTANCE OF MONEYMANAGEMENT2. Money competes with God for first place in our lives. Matt 6:24 “No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.”
6. IMPORTANCE OF MONEYMANAGEMENT3. Much of our lives revolve around the use of money.
7. GOD IS CONCERNED ABOUT 3 THINGS1. our attitude towards wealth2. the source of our wealth3. how we use our wealth
8. 1 ATTITUDE TOWARDS WEALTH I Timothy 6:10For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. Proverbs 13:8 A man’s riches may ransom his life, but a poor man hears no threat. 8
9. 2 SOURCE OF YOUR WEALTH (DO NOT COVET) Proverbs 10:2Ill-gotten treasures are of no value, but righteousness delivers from death. Proverbs 16:8 Better a little with righteousness than much gain with injustice. 9
10. Proverbs 15:16Better a little with the fear of the Lord than great wealth with turmoil.
11. 3 HOW YOU USE YOUR WEALTH Luke 16:1 – 12 The Parable of the Shrewd ManagerV9….use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings. 11
12. Hebrews 13:5 Keep your lives free from the love of moneyand be content with what you have,.
13. BIBLICAL PRINCIPLES Savings
14. SAVINGS Gen 41 – Joseph 7 FAT COWS - 7 LEAN COWS14
15. JUST AS JOSEPH TOLD PHAROAH Gen 41:34Let Pharaoh appoint commissioners over the land to take a fifth of the harvest of Egypt during the seven years of abundance. 15
16. SAVINGS IS ENCOURAGED IN THE BIBLE Proverbs 21:20In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil, but a foolish man devours all he has. 16
17. SAVINGS IS ENCOURAGED IN THEBIBLE Proverbs 30:24-25 “four things on earth are small, yet they are extremely wise: Ants are creatures of little strength, yet they store up their food in the summer; …..
18. BUT THERE ARE RULES#1 - Give before saving#2 - Save Regularly
19. #1 - GIVE BEFORE SAVING Proverbs 3:9 Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops; 19
20. #2 - SAVE REGULARLY Proverbs 21:5The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely as haste leads to poverty. Proverbs 13:11b……He who gathers money little by little makes it grow 20
21. #3 - HOW MUCH SHOULD WE SAVE?Gen 41:34 – The Joseph Principle 20 % 21
22. TITHE BEFORE YOU SAVE #1 Tithe 10% #2 Save 20%Emergency Fund 3 – 9 months 22
23. BIBLICAL PRINCIPLES 23
24. INVESTMENTS IS ENCOURAGED Proverbs 21:5 The plans of the diligent leads to profit as surely as haste leads to poverty. (NIV)Steady plodding brings prosperity; hasty speculation brings poverty. (TLB)
25. #1 – CLEAR YOUR DEBTSInvest with savings, not with loans. Say “NO” to :- - credit cards debts - personal loans - margin trading accounts 25
26. #1 – CLEAR YOUR DEBTS i. Debt is slavery Proverbs 22:7 The rich rule over the poor,And the borrower is servant to the Lender.
27. ii. Debt - “a curse” for disobedience Deu 28:43-44The alien who lives among you will rise above you…. He will lend to you, but you will not lend to him. He will be the head, but you will be the tail.
28. iii. Debt presumes upon tomorrow – spending ahead of earning ability. Scripture cautions us against presumptions. James 4:13-15
29. #1 – CLEAR YOUR DEBTS Debts that build value : Housing Loans Proverbs 21:5Steady plodding brings prosperity;…..
30. #2 – AVOID “GET RICH QUICK” SCHEMES I Timothy 6:9-10 People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into manyfoolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil……. 30
31. #2 – AVOID “GET RICH QUICK” SCHEMES Proverbs 23:4Do not wear yourself out to get rich; have the wisdom to show restraint. Proverbs 28:20 “A faithful man will be richlyblessed, but one eager to get rich will not go unpunished.” 31
32. #2 – AVOID “GET RICH QUICK” SCHEMES Luke 12:15 “Watch out! Be on your guard againstall kinds of greed; a man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions. Proverbs 15:16 Better a little with the fear of the Lord than great wealth with turmoil. 32
33. #2 – AVOID “GET RICH QUICK” SCHEMES Capital Protection Capital Preservation 33
34. WATCH YOUR CAPITAL 6% 8% 5% 10%3% Capital 100% 34
35. # 3 – AVOID RISKY INVESTMENTS Proverbs 21:5The plans of the diligent lead toprofit as surely as haste leads to poverty. 35
36. # 3 – AVOID RISKY INVESTMENTS Eccl 5:13-15 (TLB)There is another serious problem I have seen everywhere – savings are put into risky investments that turn sour, and soon there is nothing left to pass on to one’s son. The man who speculates is soon back to where he began – with nothing.
37. # 3 – AVOID RISKY INVESTMENTS Invest only in what you can understand37
38. Remember 2008
39. CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THESE?Fixed deposits (not structured deposits) Insurance policies Bonds Stocks unit trusts / ETFs 39
40. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THESE ??? Commodities Foreign Currencies Derivatives Options Warrants 40
41. OR THESE ???Structured products CFD CDO CDS 41
42. #4 - KEEP TRACT OF YOUR INVESTMENTS Proverbs 27:23Be sure you know the condition of your flocks, give careful attention to your herds; For riches do not endure forever, And a crown is not secure for all generations.
43. # 5 – DIVERSIFY Ecclesiastes 11:2 Give portions to seven, yes toeight, for you do not know what disaster may come upon the land. 43
44. DO ASSET ALLOCATION Cash/ Bank bonds Gold/ StocksDeposits 20% 10% 70%
45. #6 – INVEST LONG TERM Proverbs 13:22 A good man leaves an inheritance for his children’s children,But a sinner’s wealth is stored up for the righteous. 45
46. #6 – INVEST LONG TERM Your HomeMortgage - keep it affordable Build family relationships Love & Peace 46
47. #7 – INVEST FOR ETERNITY Matt 6:20“But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.” 47
48. #7 – INVEST FOR ETERNITYGrow in wisdom and understanding of God’s word Proverbs 4:7 Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding. 48
49. #7 – INVEST FOR ETERNITY Proverbs 23:23Buy the truth and do not sell it; Get wisdom, discipline and understanding. 49
50. BE CONTENT I Timothy 6:6-8But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into theworld, and we can take nothing out of it.But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. 50
51. Blessings for obedience 51 Deu 28:1-14
52. ONLY GOD CAN PROTECT YOURINVESTMENTS Mal 3:11 - 12“I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not cast their fruit,” says the Lord Almighty. “Then all the nations will called you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land,” says the Lord Almighty.