Be the first to like this
The executive summary summarises the results of my 16-months expert work in Bosnia and Herzegovina (Republic of Srpska) including:
1) Situation of forests and forestry in Republic of Srpska with measures undertaken and proposed by forestry authorities;
2) Analysis of organisation, functioning and development of forestry institutions of the Republic of Srpska;
3) International commitments and initiatives on the protection, sustainable management and biodiversity of forest ecosystems and their incorporation in forest legislation and policy of each entity of Bosnia and Herzegovina;
4) Overview of forestry organisation models of the selected European countries (EU and PHARE;
5) Analysis of forest management regions and forest management plans;
6) ssessment of sustainability of forestry and forest management in the Republic of Srpska (using the European criteria and indicators, supplemented with possible national indicators);
7) Analysis of the forest and other laws consistence (the Hunting Law, the Water Resources Law and the Concession Law);
8) Analysis and assessment of the Forest Law and regulations with recommendations for change and harmonisation;
9) Proposal of possible models of reorganisation and functioning of forestry of the Republic of Srpska;
10) Proposal of organisational solution for Republic of Srpska forestry, elaborated by local forestry institutions;
11) Gap analysis of the proposal of organisational solution for Republic of Srpska forestry, elaborated by local forestry institutions.
The entire study (in English and Bosnian Serbian) comprises 300+ pages.