The informal working title of this presentation was, "Get out of your spreadsheets and into your business."
If you remember only one thing from this presentation, remember this:
By focusing on the big rocks and getting out into your business you can identify your true business drivers and develop a better, driver-based planning process.
"The goal of forecasting is not to predict the future but to tell you what you need to know to take meaningful action in the present." - Paul Saffo, Director of the Institute for the Future, Stanford University
Attendees at the conference where this slide deck was presented had the following take aways:
- Enable SWOT on the fly
- Streamline your planning process
- Enable quicker and more meaningful scenario - analysis
- Enable more proactive planning
- Enable a smoother transition to rolling forecasts
- Enable you to take meaningful action on the planning and analysis you do