• Firefox 3.6.4
• Firefox Cup
• Student Reps
• Email Newsletter
• Thunderbird 3.1
• World Expo
• Mozilla Drumbeat Events
• Community Organization
3. Firefox 3.6.4
• Now with crash protection!
• Isolates 3rd party plugins when they crash.
• Reduces Firefox crashes.
• Share the news: http://mzl.la/aJLuio
• Remember to check our plugin page as well:
4. Firefox Cup
5. Firefox Cup
• Competition based on team Personas (ADU)
• 33 Personas: http://bit.ly/fxcup_personas
6. Firefox Cup
• June 23rd: Brasil wins round 2!
• June 30th: Round 3 country winner announced.
• July 7th: Round 4 country winner announced.
• July 14th: Overall country winner announced.
7. How to Help!
• PR Outreach:
• Please join alias if you haven’t: Prfirstname.lastname@example.org
• Tech, consumer + football press + bloggers
• Spread the word via Social Media or Blog:
• Share your team’s Persona on your twitter + Facebook accounts (personal + local
• Important Links:
• Firefox Cup Blog Post: http://mzl.la/b6wnkS
• Firefox Cup campaign page: http://www.firefoxcup.com
• Firefox Cup logo: http://mzl.la/9Bm2k3
• Gallery of the 32 team Personas: bit.ly/boxwIP
8. Translate images!
• Translate a Facebook image or twitter background in one click.
• Right-click to save.
• Thanks, Felipe!
9. Student Reps Guide
• Launches this week
• First version in 4 locales
• Additional locales soon!
10. Mainstream User
• Monthly newsletter to mainstream users to foster retention and loyalty
• Develop email channel for opt-in communications with users about our
products and the various ways they can engage with Mozilla
• Mainstream user newsletter launch (July 2010)
• English edition newsletter will be ﬁrst, followed by other languages
• Users can subscribe on First Run page (English)
12. Sign up Page (First Run)
13. Signup – Submit Email and check
14. Sign Up – Thank You
15. Next Steps
• Sign up goes live on World Cup site [English] – June 29
• Sign up goes live on other pages – TBD
• Sign up goes live on What’s New page [English] – July
• Newsletter design – underway
• Newsletter content - underway
• Develop rollout plans for other languages and timing
• Identify marketing champions for localizations
16. World Expo
• Show off your local culture!
• Intro the members of your community
• Share your hardwork + contribution
More info: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Summit2010/World_Expo
Sign up: http://bit.ly/dlPYmL
19. Mozilla Drumbeat
• Mozilla Drumbeat is keeping the web open
• Practical projects and local events that gather smart,
creative people around big ideas to solve problems and
build the open web.
• Public talking points at www.drumbeat.org/about
• Project collaboration routes through
• Community mailing list is at
20. Mozilla Drumbeat
• Tagline: Innovation on the open web. Powered by
• Everybody = the people formerly known as users.
• Open web = the free, participatory and decentralized
part of the internet.
• Innovation = new ideas, practices and tech that move
the web in the right direction.
• Drumbeat = the part of Mozilla where *everybody* is
invited participate, innovate and shape open web
21. Mozilla Drumbeat
• Tactile engagement
• Projects are the focal points in Drumbeat
• Goal is to engage new stakeholders in hands-on ways
• Propose one, adapt one or join an existing one
• Featured projects on www.drumbeat.org
• P2PU, WebMadeMovies, Universal Subtitles, and more
• Drumbeat.org serves as pipeline for identifying promising new projects
• Goal: Support platforms and tools that enhance the open web by allowing
everyone to contribute
22. Mozilla Drumbeat
• Live Engagement
• Annual Festival, 3-5 November
• Learning, freedom and the web
• 300-500 people, highly interactive agenda format
• Arc of local participation
• Attend a Drumbeat gathering
• Talk about Drumbeat at other events
• Host a meet-up or other Drumbeat-themed social event
• Organize a ½ day or all-day event
• Event kit is being developed on the wiki
23. Mozilla Drumbeat
• What can folks on this call do?
• Spread the word about Drumbeat
• Projects, Local Events, Festival
• Help us find and recruit promising projects
• Create opportunities for broader participation in keeping the web open
• Help us identify local event organizers or partners
• We'll provide support, outreach and (limited :^) resources
• Participate in the Drumbeat community!
• Give us feedback about web site, community process, ...