2. Gen 12:1-3 “Now the Lord had said unto Abram, get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will show thee: And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed”. God as a Covenant Keeper has literally blessed the Jewish people down through history and also kept them as a blessing to the rest of the world. In every age, in every land, against all odds, and out of all proportion to their actual numbers, the Jews have distinguished themselves in every branch of human endeavors. What makes these accomplishments extraordinary is that they have come in spite of relentless hatred, persecution, slavery, and even extermination. After creating human beings, “God blessed them, and God said unto them, be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth” Gen 1:28. Not only the Jews have been an enormous blessing in ‘subduing’ the earth, but also have been a blessing spiritually and through Father Abraham we got the Jewish, Christian, and Muslim religions.
3. THE HOLY BIBLE The Holy Bible is the greatest gift ever given to man and it has come directly through the Jews. Where the Bible is found, there is joy, peace, justice, charity, freedom, societies civilized; and where the Bible is not found, there is mostly oppression, poverty, illiteracy, hero-worship, corruption and above all the curse of pride and selfishness. In addition the Bible provides the answers to the philosophical questions like humans’ origin, purpose, conduct, future, love and the truth about life and death. The Bible also has inspired many works of literature, art, science, and scientific innovations.
4. LITERATURE In literary expression, the Jewish writers are not excelled by any other race, Flavius Josephus, a Jew, was one of the most celebrated historians. It has been suggested that, in assessing either Jewish history or the history of foreign nations, Josephus deserves more credit than all of the Greek and Roman writers put together. Immanuel of Rome was described as the “Jewish Dante”. Moses Mendelssohn, the grandfather of Felix, was a philosopher and promoter of human rights. Heine, the poet is considered to be the most important successor to Goethe in defense of human freedom and was even called the “Jewish Aristophanes”. Gabriel has been compared to both Dante and Milton and has been called the “Jewish Plato”. And let us not forget Maimonides, who contributed so much to philosophy and literature as to make one wonder if he should be called the “Jewish Aristotle”.
5. ART AND SCULPTURE Art, another great medium of creative expression, does not lack Jewish representation. The Danish artist Bendemann was considered the most famous Jewish painter of the 18th century. The German Jew, Friedlander, who painted “The Pawnbroker’s Shop”, had his paintings hung in the Austrian Imperial Galleries. The Russian Jewish sculptor Antokolski produced the well known “Jewish Tailor”, “Miser Counting His Money”, “Peter the Great”, “Ivan the Terrible” and “The Death of Socrates”. The Jewish sculptor, Moses Ezekiel, was knighted by both the King of Italy and the Emperor of Germany. Among his sculptures are busts of Lizst and Cardinal Hohenlohe, Eve, Homer, David, Judith, Christ in the Tomb, a statue of Mrs. Andrew W. White for Cornell University, Madonna for the Church La Tivoli, Faith for the Cemetery of Rome, Apollo and Mercury in Berlin, Robert E. Lee, Pan and Amor, the Fountain of Neptune for the city of Netturno, Italy, a bust of Lord Sherbrooke for St. Margaret, Westminster, London, and scores of busts and relics. He also produced the Jefferson Monument for Louisville, Kentucky, the Homer Group for the University of Virginia, Virginia Mourning Her Dead at Lexington, Virginia, Napoleon I at St. Helena, a monument to Senator Daniel, Lynchburg, Virginia and the Confederate Soldiers’ Memorial at Arlington National Cemetery. He also created a bust of Washington and a statue of Eve. Another noted American Jewish artist is Henry Mosler who canvassed “The Return of the Prodigal Son”.
6. MUSIC As in art, the Jews have made remarkable strides in adding so much to the aesthetic enjoyment of mankind. Many famous composers of the 20th century are Jewish, such as Kern, Gershwin, Berlin, Rogers and Hammerstein, Bernstein, Gould, Romberg, and Lerner and Loewe. The Jewish Classical and Romantic composers of the last two centuries comprise of the prodigy Felix Mendelssohn, Camille Saint-Saenz, Ferdinand Hiller, Ernest Bloch, Arnold Schoenberg, Aaron Copland, Gustav Mahler, Giacomo Meyerbeer and other equally talented individuals.
7. LAW AND MORALITY The Ten Commandments form the fundamental basis of law, morality, justice, love, and monotheism etc. Only the Jews combined their moral codes with their religion in such a way as to actually live and exist through God. The prophets were a prime example. They were a great moral force in Jewish history, controlling and leading people and Kings. Indeed the primary foundations of Western Laws are developed based on the Laws of Moses. All their Colonies had rules based on the Old Testament, and the natural law derived from the Noahic Covenant which eventually led to the declaration of independence and the Bill of Rights. The democratic idea of equality in the eyes of God, which emphasizes the “similarities and not the differences in man”, is from Jewish Law.
8. MEDICINE There has been no scarcity of Jewish physicians, and many leaders, princes, and kings have engaged their services. Even before Hippocrates, the Jews applied the laws of medicine to healing, a fact which is evident in the Old Testament. Later the Jews brought both chemical skills and luxuries to Europe through which they were able to develop many of the present day allopathic medicines. Men such as Ludwig Traube was called the “Father of Experimental Pathology”, left monographs on thermometry, digitalis, and diseases of the lungs. Richard and Oscar Liebreich, both brothers were called “Father of Ophthalmology and Pharmacology”, respectively; the former studied eyesight and invented two ophthalmoscopes. Oscar also discovered some important anesthetics and effects of narcotics as well as other indispensable healing drugs. Gabriel Valentine, a leading pathologist, worked on blood circulation, toxicology, digestion, the electricity of muscles, and nerves. Robert Remak made discoveries in electrotherapy, embryology, and neurology. Dr. Carl Koller’s use of local anesthetic in eye operations led to its use in all other surgery. Cesare Lombroso studied animals, insanity, and genius, but also discovered the source of pellagra. Nobel Prize-winning microbiologist Paul Ehrlich discovered salvarsan for VD and Wasserman discovered the reaction to reveal the presence of VD. Two Jewish doctors, Widal and Weil, discovered the treatment for typhoid; another, Dr. Minkowsky, did research leading to the development of insulin, and Dr. Bella Schick created a test to show diphtheria immunity. Dr. Casmir Funk, a Polish Jew, discovered vitamins. Dr. Jonas Salk is familiar to all of us as the discoverer of polio vaccine.
9. PSYCHOLOGY Eric Erickson, one of the more famous, has developed a developmental approach to personality that is quite popular. Another who has touched many of us is David Wechsler, the creator of the well known IQ test. Two of the founders of “Gestalt Psychology”, Kurt Kafka and Max Wertheimer, who did the original experiment demonstrating the phi phenomenon which led to the motion picture, were also Jewish. Dr. Thomas Sassy, whose name is almost a household term, wrote the now famous book, “The Myth of Mental Illness”. Of course, these are just a few of the Jews who have advanced the sciences of both mind and body.
10. SCIENCE According to one account, in pre-Nazi Germany the Jews were only .0075% of the population, yet comprised 25% of all scientists and mathematicians. In Italy, the pre-war Jewish population was only .001%, but more than 50% of the distinguished mathematicians were Jews. Contemporarily, Israel also ranks very high in its number of scientists. Israel has forged ahead of scores of other countries including Belgium, Denmark, Austria, Finland and Norway, in scientific research. From the time of Daniel the Jews apparently possessed scientific ability Dan 1:4 Children in whom was no blemish, but well favored, and skillful in all wisdom, and cunning in knowledge, and understanding science, and such as had ability in them to stand in the king’s palace, and whom they might teach the learning and the tongue of the Chaldeans. We also know that the Jews had enough skill to build the pyramids, walls, river channels, and dams of Egypt, all of which required mathematical and engineering ability.
11. ASTRONOMY AND AERONAUTICS In the field of astronomy two Jews Abe and Zacuto (1450-1514), have developed the astronomical tables and astrolabes used by Vasco da Gama; and Levi Ben Garson, an astronomer and mathematician, who in turn invented Jacob’s staff and a sun quadrant. The Alphonsine Tables were prepared by Judah Ben Moses and Isaac Ben Sid. These tables list the planetary movements and are said to form the basic document of modern day astronomy. William Herschel discovered the planet Uranus, the fixed position of 2500 nebulae, and identified 209 binary stars, besides determining the elements of Saturn and the relation of the Milky Way to the universe. Otto Lilienthal, the first Jewish pilot, built a flying machine which flew to a distance of 1,000 ft. at a height of 100 ft. Another Jew, A.M, Herring, made a copy of Otto’s machine and made 100 flights. Then an associate, Octave Chanut, brought this copy to the brothers named Wright while they were experimenting with their own machine. It was Emile Berliner who invented the first workable flying machine of the helicopter type.
12. MATHEMATICS AND PHYSICS By far the most famous and far reaching discoveries and inventions by Jews have been in mathematics and physics. Michelson, the first American Nobel Prize winner, measured the speed of light and the diameters of two stars larger than the sun. His work was considered to be the beginning of Einstein’s work. In 1887 he suggested that the sodium light wave-length be a standard unit, since it is so “constant.” There is also Norbert Wiener, a mathematician who was called the “Father of Cybernetics”, the science that developed the computers. The Italian Jew Tulilo Levi-Civita was renowned for his theory of parallel displacement and his work was fundamental to Einstein’s theory of relativity. The French Jew, Jacques Hadamard, has been called one of the greatest mathematicians who ever lived. Another Italian Jew, Vito Volterro, initiated a new branch of mathematics called the theory of integral and differential equations and stands among the great mathematicians of modern times. Jewish mathematicians also developed or contributed to the geometry of numbers, differential calculus, algebraic geometry, set theory, and matrix algebra. Charles Steinmetz was solely responsible for bringing electricity into our homes. Siegfried Marcus made the first electrical instrument for regulating temperature and invented a way of measuring earth movements. He also worked on forerunners of the loudspeaker and the electric lamp. Eugene Goldstein participated in the discovery of gamma rays. Heinrich Hertz measured the length and velocity of electromagnetic waves and demonstrated the “electromagnetic nature of light”. Robert Von Lieben worked on an early grid tube which led to the radio and Isador Kitsie, both of Vienna, obtained a patent used by Marconi in the development of the wireless communication.
13. CHEMISTRY During WW I. Chaim Weizman created acetone, a flammable liquid necessary for the production of cordite, the smokeless powder crucial to the British war machine. As a reward, the British passed the Balfour Declaration in 1917 in order to provide a homeland for the Jews. So thanks to Weizman, and at his request, the state of Israel became a reality. Weizman also helped the U.S. to make synthetic rubber in 1942, thus having an important effect on WWII.
14. NUCLEAR PHYSICS The Jews established the theory of the atom, split the atom, and made the atom bomb, the H Bomb and the neutron bomb. Albert Einstein established the enormous power in a nuclear explosion and its incredible energy, through the now universally known equation E = MC2. He was also involved in the invention of television. A Jewish woman, Lise Meitner, an expert in atomic theory, was involved in the neutron-induced fission of the uranium nucleus. Enrico Fermi, an Italian Jew, is given credit for the first successful nuclear fission, in other words, splitting the atom. With the advent of WWII came the Manhattan Project led by the Jew J. Robert Oppenheimer. He also advanced quantum theory and helped originate work in cosmic rays and relativity. Another Jewish pioneer of the atom is Niels Bohr (Danish) who also worked on the bomb. Another participant in the Manhattan Project was Edward Teller, a Hungarian Jew. Teller is responsible for a more awesome nuclear weapon, namely the H- bomb. God preserved him for this purpose since he was forced to flee the Nazis and come to America, as did Fermi, Meitner, and Einstein. Finally, there is Sam Cohen, a little known American Jew who also worked on the Manhattan Project. But, unknown to his own neighbors, modest Sam was responsible for the creation of the neutron bomb. Obviously there is almost a complete monopoly by the Jews on the nuclear market.
15. I. C. ENGINES AND PHONOGRAM The first successful internal combustion engine was invented by a Jew called Siegfried Marcus and is remembered as father of the internal-combustion engine (1864). Another German Jew named Philip Reis invented an apparatus in 1860 that could transmit pitch and then speech with few changes. It has also been described as a “hearing apparatus” and an actual telephone. A Jewish associate named Greenberg “improved” the apparatus and brought it to America for manufacture. A Jewish businessman named Loath linked up Greenberg with Alexander Bell. While it is true that Edison was the original inventor of the primitive phonograph, it was actually a Jew named Peter Goldmark who invented the “long playing phonograph”. He also won the National Medal of Science. To complement the phonograph, Emile Berlinger invented the modern form of the flat disc record and a related instrument microphone.
16. CAMERA AND SPOKED WHEEL The Jews also invented the camera (Edwin Land), stainless steel (Benno Strauss), the spoked wheel, and the traffic light. These are just to name the few of the inventions made by Jews but in reality their contribution to the development of this world is numerous and all can not be listed in this small booklet.
17. BUSINESS AND COMMERCE In business, commerce, and finance the Jews are quite resourceful, industrious, and self-supporting. It is the Jews who have introduced the “Bill of Exchange” (paper money) into European business, which was safer to carry than specie and it became the “backbone of commerce”. The House of Rothschild, while naturally making profits, aided Western progress by making national loans, helping to develop the industry of Europe. They financed most 19th century railroad construction and provided funds in World War I. The House of Seligman, with the Rothschild, financed much of the Civil War for the North and financed the U.S. Navy and State Department from 1876 into the 20th Century. According to H.G. Wells, most “enterprises, undertaken by the sovereigns of the 10th to the 15th century were promoted by Jewish financiers;” the many cathedrals, abbeys and beautiful buildings are examples. Aaron of Lincoln was one individual who financed many such buildings.
18. PRINTING Two Jews, Procopius Waldvogel and Davin of Caderousse put together the “art of dyeing” with Hebrew letters which were to be “well cut in iron”. This invention was preparatory for printing. In 1444, Soncini an Italian Jew invented the art of printing in his native Italy from which the Jews spread the art to the rest of Europe via Spain. The list of enterprises is too large to enumerate here. Regardless of the business, the Jews always taught their children a trade or skill, not only because of the Diaspora and its related persecution, but also in fulfillment of the Scriptures.
19. DIASPORA Deuteronomy chapters 28, 29 & 30 depict the whole history of Israel, from the time they entered the Land of Promise until the return of Christ. It includes the captivities to which they were subjected, and even the very feelings of hatred that they would engender in other people. This was prophesied by Moses even before they were constituted as a nation. Israel was offered prosperity and blessing in return for their obedience to God’s Commandments, but deprivation and curse if disobedient. Continued disobedience would result in removal from the land and scattering among the gentile nations, where they would be oppressed and become a proverb. Both were experienced by Israel. Blessings were abundant in the reigns of David, Solomon and other faithful kings; but trouble and captivity came following continued disobedience, culminating in the deportation of the ten tribes to Assyria and then the two tribes to Babylon.
20. Lack of Epignosis Isaiah 6:13 “therefore my people are gone into captivity, because they have no knowledge.” Hosea 4:6 says, “my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.” As we have seen, all of them have ‘gnosis’, but God wants them to have ‘epignosis’, i.e. the intimate knowledge of the Creator or the superior spiritual knowledge. Not only this lack of spiritual knowledge has resulted in the Diaspora, but also has brought upon the curse.
21. The Curse Mat 27:22-25 “Pilate saith unto them, what shall I do then with Yeshua who is called Christ? They all say unto him, let him be crucified. And the governor said, why, what evil hath he done? But they cried out the more, saying, Let him be crucified. When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it. Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children.” It was a practice in Athens that if anyone accused another of a capital crime; he devoted himself and his children to the same punishment if the accused was afterward found innocent. This has become a practice in other countries also. The Jews were no exception even though they had no right to call down this vengeance upon their children. They were as unanimous in their imprecations upon themselves, as in desiring the crucifixion of Yeshua: Not for the cleansing of their sins, which virtue that blood has, but if there were any blot or pollution, through the shedding of it, they wished it might be on them. Not for the forgiveness of their sins, which that blood was shed for; but on the contrary, if there was any sin and guilt in it, they desired it might be imputed to them. Nor for their justification before God and security from wrath to come, which are by his blood; but all the reverse of this, that if there were any punishment, condemnation, and death, due for the shedding of it, they imprecated it all upon themselves, and their posterity.
22. FULFILLMENT OF THE INEVITABLE Daniel 9:25-26 “Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.” Isaiah 64:10-11 “Thy holy cities are a wilderness; Zion is a wilderness, Jerusalem a desolation. Our holy and our beautiful house, where our fathers praised thee, is burned up with fire: and all our pleasant things are laid waste.” Micah 3:12 “Therefore shall Zion for your sake be plowed as a field, and Jerusalem shall become heaps, and the mountain of the house as the high places of the forest.” Mark13:2 “And Yeshua answering said unto him, Seest thou these great buildings? There shall not be left one stone upon another that shall not be thrown down.”
23. PERSECUTION OF JEWS AFTER YESHUA Contd. In less than forty years after the crucifixion of Yeshua that was in A.D 70 Jerusalem and the Temple were overthrown and destroyed. More than a million people perished in the siege. Thousands died of famine; thousands by disease; thousands by the sword; and their blood ran down the streets like water. Thousands were crucified suffering the same punishment that they had inflicted on the Messiah. So great was the number of those who were crucified, that, it was only stopped because, “room being wanted for the crosses, and crosses for the men”. With the destruction of Jerusalem 1,100,000 Jews were killed and 97,000 taken into captivity and slavery. In 115, several hundreds of thousands of Jews were killed in Mesopotamia, Egypt, Cyrene and Cyprus. In 132-35, during the Bar Kochba rebellion 500,000 Jews were killed and thousands were taken and sold into slavery.
24. PERSECUTION OF JEWS AFTER YESHUA Contd. In 135, Roman Emperor Hadrian commenced his persecution of the Jews. He built a temple for Jupiter on the temple mount (Moriah) in Jerusalem and a temple to Venus on Golgotha. Jews were forbidden to practice circumcision, the reading of the Law, eating of unleavened bread at Passover or any Jewish festival. Infringement of this edict brought the death penalty. In 315, Constantine the Great established “Christianity” as the State religion throughout the Roman Empire; issued many anti- Jewish laws. In 379-95, Theodosius the Great expelled Jews from any official position or place of honor. Permitted the destruction of their synagogues if by so doing, it served a religious purpose. In 613 all Jews who refused to be baptized had to leave Spain. A few years later the remaining Jews were dispossessed and declared as slaves. In 1096, at the beginning of the First Crusade, in Germany, 12,000 Jews were killed branding them as enemies of Christendom. In 1121, Jews were driven out of Flanders. They were not to return until they repented of their guilt of killing Jesus Christ. In 1146-47, at the beginning of the Second Crusade the French monk Rudolf called for the destruction of the Jews.
25. PERSECUTION OF JEWS Contd. In 1181, the French King Philip banished the Jews from his domain. In 1189, at the coronation of Richard the Lionhearted, unexpected persecution of the Jews broke out in England. Most Jewish houses in London were burnt. In 1290, Edward I banished the Jews from England. In 1298, the nobleman Kalbfleish alleged that he had received a divine order to destroy all the Jews. More than 100,000 Jews were mercilessly killed in Franconia, Bavaria and Austria. In 1306, King Philip the Fair banished the Jews from France, forcing 100,000 Jews to leave the country. In 1320, in France, 40,000 shepherds dedicated themselves for the Shepherd Crusade to free Palestine from the Muslims. But under the influence of criminals and land grabbers, they destroyed 120 Jewish communities. In 1321, Jews were accused of having incited outlaws to poison wells and fountains in the district of Guienne, France. As a result 5,000 Jews were burned to death. In 1348, Jews were blamed for the plague throughout Europe, especially in Germany. In Strausberg 2,000 Jews were burned. In Maintz 6,000 were killed in a most gruesome fashion. In Erfut 3,000; and in Worms 400 Jews burned themselves in their homes.
26. PERSECUTION OF JEWS Contd. In 1370, Jews were blamed for having defiled the “Host” (wafer used in the Mass) in Brabant. The accused were burnt alive. In 1391, in Spain, 70 Jewish communities were cruelly massacred and their bodies dismembered. In 1394, second banishment of Jews from France took place. In 1453, the Franciscan monk, Capistrano, persuaded the King of Poland to withdraw all citizens’ rights of the Jewish people. In 1478, the Spanish inquisition directed against the Jews and resulted in the banishment of Jews from Spain. In 1492, 300,000 Jews who refused to be “baptized” into the Church of Rome were forced to leave Spain penniless. In 1497, the Jews were banished from Portugal. King Manuel, generally friendly to the Jews, under pressure from Spain instigated forced baptism resulting in 20,000 Jews leaving the country and those who remained were declared slaves. In 1516, the first Ghetto was established in Venice. In 1540, Jews were banished from Naples and 10 years later, from Genoa and Venice. In 1794, Jewish men were forced to serve 25 years in the Russian military. Because of this many hundreds of thousands of Jews were forced to leave Russia. 1933 was the commencement of the mother of all persecutions by Hitler. It was the systematic annihilation of 6,000,000 Jews throughout Nazi- occupied Europe. These persecutions are continuing unabated even today.
27. HARDNESS OF HEART Isaiah 6:9-10 “And He said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.” Isaiah must preach to them, and they will hear him indeed, but that is all; they will not heed him; they will not understand him; they will not take any pains, nor use that application of mind which is necessary to the understanding of him; they are prejudiced against that which is the true intent and meaning of what he says, and therefore they will not understand him, or pretend they do not. They see indeed but they perceive not their own concern in it; it is to them as a tale that is told. Those that were willfully blind should be judicially blinded. They will not understand or perceive thee, and therefore thou shalt be instrumental to make their heart fat, senseless, and sensual, and so to make their ears yet more heavy, and to shut their eyes the closer; so that, at length, their recovery and repentance will become utterly impossible and they shall no more be able to see the danger they are in. Some looked upon the word as a privilege, and their convictions were smothered by it; others looked upon it as a provocation, and their corruptions were exasperated by it.
28. GOD’S DISPLEASURE Isaiah 1:11-15 “To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the Lord: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats. When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts? Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and Sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting. Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.” 1Sa 15:22 “And Samuel said, Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.” Micah 6:7 “Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?” Jer 6:20 “To what purpose cometh there to me incense from Sheba, and the sweet cane from a far country? Your burnt offerings are not acceptable, nor your sacrifices sweet unto me.”
29. GOD’S PROPENSITY As we all know, they are still being persecuted and have become a hissing and a byword among people. No single nation, has ever suffered so much; and yet they have been preserved, as Jer 30:11 says, “For I am with thee, saith the Lord, to save thee: though I make a full end of all nations whither I have scattered thee, yet will I not make a full end of thee: but I will correct thee in measure, and will not leave thee altogether unpunished.” All classes of people, all the governments of the earth, have conspired to overwhelm them with calamity, and yet they still live as monuments of God’s justice and as proofs of the crime of their fathers in putting the Messiah to death, and in calling down vengeance on their heads. Zec 8:13 “And it shall come to pass, that as ye were a curse among the heathen, O house of Judah, and house of Israel; so will I save you, and ye shall be a blessing: fear not, but let your hands be strong.”
30. HORN OF ISRAEL Micah 7:18-19 “Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? He retaineth not his anger forever, because he delighteth in mercy. He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.” Isaiah 7:14 “Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.” Isaiah 9:6,7 “For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace. Of the increase of His government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever.” And we see how these prophecies have been fulfilled. Luke 1:67-69 “And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying, blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, and hath raised up a horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David.”
31. GOD’S PROPITIATION Ever since the first blood sacrifice was offered by Abel, the world has seen enormous amount of animals being sacrificed not only by the Jews but also by Hindus and Moslems for the very same purpose of redeeming their souls. But God, at the appointed time had sent His only begotten Son to be offered as The Supreme Sacrifice for the redemption of the entire mankind, fulfilling His promise meticulously. Gen 3:15 “And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.” Yeshua was wounded in the heel through His death. Isaiah 53:4-5 “Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.” Leviticus 17:11 “For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you on the altar to make atonement for your souls: for it is the blood by reason of the life that makes atonement.” First, the woman is to have a seed: as we know, this pointed forward to our Lord’s humanity. Second, He was to be peculiarly the woman’s “seed,” not the man’s, hence we read, “When the fullness of time was come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman” (Gal. 4:4). Third, the woman’s “seed” was to bruise the Serpent: in other words, Satan was to be His particular antagonist. Fourth, He was to bruise the Serpent’s head. Fifth, He Himself was to be bruised in the “heel” by the Serpent; and hence it is written, He was “bruised for our iniquities” (Is. 53:5). Sixth, there was to be “enmity” between the Serpent and the one who gave birth to the “seed,” namely Israel (cf. Rev. 12:1-6).
32. VICTORY OVER DEATH Isaiah 25:8 “He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away the tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he taken away from off all the earth: for the Lord hath spoken it.” Isaiah 35:10 “And the ransomed of the Lord shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.” Death is also another name for Satan and today these two seedlings still continue to fight against one another in the physical and spiritual realms. It is simply an ancient battle between the children of God and the children of the devil. Col 2:15 “And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it.” Heb 2:14 “Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil.”
33. DAVIDIC KINGDOM 2Sa 7:16 “And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established forever before thee: thy throne shall be established forever.” 1Ch 17:14 “But I will settle him in mine house and in my kingdom forever: and his throne shall be established forevermore.” This Everlasting Throne [spiritual kingdom] of David is being established through his descendant Yeshua, by destroying the Devil along with his agents who are the enemies of both Israel and the spiritual children of God. Psa 89:36 “His seed shall endure forever, and his throne as the sun before me.” Luke 1:30-33 “And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favor with God. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Yeshua. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob forever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.” God wants to give the whole world to Jesse’s descendents through Yeshua. Gen 13:15-16 “For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed forever. And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered. And said, by myself have I sworn, saith the Lord, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son.” Gen 22:17-18 “That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.”
34. GOD’S INVITATION Ezekiel 33:11”Say unto them, as I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?” Zephaniah 3:17 ”The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.” Isaiah 1:18 ”Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.” Isaiah 43:25 ”I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.” Yesua’s Invitation: John 14:6 “I am the way, the truth and life; no one comes to the Father except through me. John 5:24 “Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that hears my word, and believes in Him that sent me, has everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.” Rev.3:20 “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock; if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”
35. ENSIGN OF THE PEOPLE The children of Israel were selected as the channel of Divine revelation because they were the descendants of the faithful fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Exodus 9:5-6 “Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.” Isaiah 25:9 “And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the Lord; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.” Isaiah 11:10 “And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.” Isaiah 60:3 “And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.” Philippians 2:9-11 “Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Yeshua every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Yeshua is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”
36. RETURN OF THE MESSIAH Dan 7:9, 13-14 “I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of His head like the pure wool: His throne was like the fiery flame, and His wheels as burning fire. I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of Man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given Him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve Him: His dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and His Kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.” Even today the Jewish people are waiting for the Messiah to come and deliver them from all their literal enemies. As they are expecting, the Messiah is coming, but as the King of Kings, Lord of Lords and as the Righteous Judge. Psalm 96:13 “For He cometh, for He cometh to judge the earth: He shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with His truth.” Mal 3:2 “But who may abide the day of his coming? And who shall stand when he appeareth? For he is like a refiner’s fire, and like fullers’ soap.”
37. RETURN OF THE MESSIAH Contd. Amos 5:18-20 “Woe unto you that desire the day of the Lord! To what end is it for you? The day of the Lord is darkness, and not light. As if a man did flee from a lion, and a bear met him; or went into the house, and leaned his hand on the wall, and a serpent bit him. Shall not the day of the Lord be darkness, and not light? Even very dark, and no brightness in it?” This will be the condition for those who have rejected Yeshua and His salvation. Luke 21:27 “And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with Power and Great Glory.” Rev 6:17 “For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?” 2Ch 30:8 “Now be ye not stiffnecked, as your fathers were, but yield yourselves unto the Lord, and enter into his sanctuary, which he hath sanctified forever: and serve the Lord your God, that the fierceness of his wrath may turn away from you.”
38. HIS PEOPLE SHALL REIGN Rev 21:10-12 “And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel.” Deut 28:1 “And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the Lord thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth.” Deut 15:6 “For the Lord thy God blesseth thee, as he promised thee: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, but thou shalt not borrow; and thou shalt reign over many nations, but they shall not reign over thee.” Zec 8:22 “Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the Lord of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the Lord.”
39. SALVATION IS OF THE JEWS The first great evangelist was a Jew. His name was Paul. The first Christians were Jews. Judaism gave rise to Christianity and God blessed mankind through the greatest Jew of all, Yeshua, the son of Mary, who, by His blood, reconciled both Jews and Gentiles to the one true God, “for salvation is of the Jews” (John 4: 22). If the Jewish people were to be of such immense blessing to the whole world, while they themselves are under their own curse, then how much more will it be, if they were to be without the curse?