1. Cristina PargaINST 6031.02- Applications of Technology Fall 2012
2. What can technology offer our students? Technology can offer our studentsa whole new world of learning!! With technology, the possibilities are endless!! Let’s take a look at what technology has to offer…
3. iPads iPads offer teachers a wide variety of ways to teach concepts across the curriculum through fun apps and games!! As for the students, it provides them a hands- on and creative way to apply what they have learned.
4. Clickers Response System (CPS)The Clickers Response System, also known as CPS, can eliminate traditional paper & pencil tests and provides educators immediate feedback from their students.
5. Microsoft Office Microsoft Office programs, such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, allow students to become proficient in creating spreadsheets, presentations and documents.
6. Interactive WhiteboardsUsed to project what is on your computer or document camera, an interactive whiteboard allows the students to become an active part of the learning process. Younger students can use it to trace letters and practice fine motor skills.
7. Listening/Audio Centers Listening centers are great tools to have in your classrooms! Students can listen to someone model correct pronunciation and fluency by using headphones to listen to stories being read aloud.
8. Educational Videos Educational videos offered through websites such as“Discovery Education” allow students to visitdifferent places around the world withoutleaving the classroom.Talk about an exciting field trip!
9. Document Cameras & Projectors Used to project documents onto a board/wall, document cameras and projectors can be very useful when sharing something with the entire class. They also have the capability to record videos and take pictures!
10. KindlesWhat other way can you think of that will make reading a book more fun than reading it off a Kindle?!