1. What it means to be trustworthy Key concepts: value and power Me as a best friend
2. Value relates to best friend as friendship is merely based around value. In order for a friendship to work one must value their friends, especially their best friend. Power relates to best friend as an individual has a huge amount of power on their friend. Power is an important part of friendship and it should not be taken for granted.
3. <ul><li>In many ways, friendship is the most important relationship we </li></ul><ul><li>have. Family is something that one already has which is ascribed, </li></ul><ul><li>whereas achieved is something that an individual achieves for </li></ul><ul><li>example friends. Friendship is a feeling of comfort and emotional </li></ul><ul><li>safety with a person. It is when someone knows you better than </li></ul><ul><li>yourself and assures to be by your side in every emotional crisis. </li></ul><ul><li>Friendship is much beyond roaming together and sharing good </li></ul><ul><li>moments, it is when someone comes to rescue you from the </li></ul><ul><li>worst phase of life. Friendship is eternal. </li></ul><ul><li>"What is a friend? A single soul, dwelling in two bodies" – Aristotle </li></ul><ul><li>This relates to Gergen and Gergen’s self maintenance strategy </li></ul><ul><li>‘ Mix with like people’. This is where you mix with people that have same interests as you for example friends. </li></ul>The meaning of friendship
4. The value of a best friend From a set of friends I chose my best friend, this is paradigm; which is a set of signs from which one might chosen. Syntagm is also relatable as my best friend has different traits such as honesty, trustworthy, reliability, respectful etc. The value I have as a best friend is loyalty. To be loyal at all times, and never let my best friend down. Someone who my best friend can be reliable on at all times, to be supportive of all their decisions. A best friend is someone who you can depend on and feel secure when your with them. This links to Freud and Jung psychoanalytic which sees personality developing during ones childhood. Growing up I saw many people valuing their best friend like my parents and my brother. That is how I value my best friend and vice versa.
6. <ul><li>As a best friend I have the power to: </li></ul><ul><li>Change my friends opinion </li></ul><ul><li>Influence her decisions </li></ul><ul><li>Tell her what to do or what not to do </li></ul><ul><li>Who is good company to be around </li></ul><ul><li>And the power to make her do certain things like when to go </li></ul><ul><li>home or whom to date. </li></ul><ul><li>This links to Johari’s window open self. This is the information about the persons behaviour, attitude, feelings, emotion, knowledge, etc is known by self and known to others. I am aware how I feel as a best friend and the power I have over her and others are also aware of it such as my family and friends. This also links to gate keeping, which is where the gate to my life is open to my best friend through my actions such as trust, honesty and commitment. </li></ul><ul><li>"I don't need a weapon. My best friend is my power!" — Sora , Kingdom Hearts </li></ul>The power of a best friend
7. Doesn't matter about the height, race or colour skin they are still best friends. They are showing their affection to each other by standing closely and hugging. They have been best friends for 5years. This image is an index of how close they are According to Ferdinand De Saussure the signifier is the physical representation to the real world- they are friends. Signified is the mental concept called to mind- they know they are best friends. Best Friends