Customer decision journey hotel intercontinental avenue marceau
By Franz Dahmen Lopez
Adress: 64 Avenue Marceau, 200 meters from the Champs Elysées
Type of Customers
• Customers looking for a hotel in Paris in the
area of the Champs Elysées.
• The Champs Elysées attract customers
because of fashion and luxury culture.
• Customers looking for a 5 stars hotel.
• Customers looking for a calm place to stay
which is not in a big avenue like the Champs
Research of Hotel
• Customers go on the internet and type
« Hotel Champs Elysées 5 stars ».
• There are two ways customers find the hotel:
– First is direct booking in the website. It is the first
link after the ads. Very visible.
– Second is by opening http://www.booking.com
in this case it is the 6th place with a 8.0 rate.
Making a decision
• The customers want a 5 star hotel near to the
Champs Elysées but also a calm place to rest.
• The hotel offers a restaurant of great
quality, a fitness center, free wifi, a business
center and golden key Concierge.
• Comments of the OTA on the hotel are good.
• The hotel exceeds the needs of the
• The price is fair.
Make a reservation
• Directly or with the OTA
• Customer can compare and make a decision
which is a better option for the booking.
• This OTA fit in the journey when, in the research
of the hotel, the OTA gives something extra to
the value, for example discount price, breakfast
included, free minibar, or even dinner in the
• Customers will chose the OTA if agregate value is
added from doing reservation directly on the
• Intercontinental hotels have a good visibility on
the web and customers may chose to direct
booking if the OTA does not give agregate value.