CURRICULUM VITAE - FRANS THAMURA
Frans has more than fifteen years of in depth technical experience in developing software
applications and for private companies and government agencies. After a series of early career IT
positions Frans was appointed Senior Consultant with the eBusiness Team of Arthur Anderson.
Following this he was Chief Technology Officer of PT. Prodesain Konsultindo. In 2002 he started
his own IT consulting company PT. Intercitra Prima Integrasi.
Frans is one of the most highly qualified IT and software professionals in Indonesia. He is the
Founder and President of the Java Users Group, and in 2004 he founded and is currently
Moderator of the Compiere (Open Source ERP) Users Group.
He has been one of the leaders in introducing and applying Open Source (OS) software in
Indonesia and has given numerous OS training courses on Java and various OS tools and
techniques to members of local OS user groups and to staff in client organizations. Currently he
under contract to one of the nation’s largest publishers to write a series of four books on critical
technical aspects of OS based on Java; the first book on “Peach on Java” is completed and will be
published in late 2005. He holds five major international certifications from Microsoft and is
currently advancing as the first Indonesian to be internationally certified for Compiere.
His areas of advanced expertise include Java, VB, Windows NT 4, IIS 4 and Apache (web servers)
and Oracle 8. Over the past five years Frans has specialized and built his business in Open
Source software and Open Standards in IT. He has successfully completed numerous projects for
large private companies and for government. He has extensive experience as a trainer and
presenter on OS and related technical subjects.
Frans has been chosen as the First Indonesian Java Champions member, the global program to
Oktober 2004 – present : Advisor and Director
- BSE (Buku Sekolah Electronika) Java
- JENI (Java Education Network Indonesia)
- jTechnopreneur (Technopreneurship program with Java)
- SMTC (Sun-Meruvian Technopreneurship Center)
- Oracle Academy (working with Oracle Indonesia to promote Oracle Fusion in Education Insitution)
- IGOS Center (part of IGOS movement to promote OpenSource in Indonesia)
- Medallion Project (integration project for global enterprise grade Open Source software)
- Develop Vocational Highscholl Student become Enterprise Java instructor
Oktober 2004 – 2006 : Chief Technology Officer
PT. IGames Asia
January 2002 – present: Chief Executive Officer
PT. Intercitra Prima Integrasi
1 of 6
PT. Sayap Mas Utama (Wings Group)
- Wings Group is one of the biggest consumer good companies in Indonesia.
- Conduct Java Advisory Project for their internal IT Division. The solution work in Mobile Wireless PDA
and work as a part of Wings’ SFA Solution. This project implement Web Services interoperability system.
PT. Tatasolusi Pratama (Refrigeration Services)
- TSP is leading comfort refrigeration in Indonesia. TSP is the only company that holds 2 world biggest
refrigeration brands from US; Trane and Carrier. TSP is their distributor in Indonesia.
- Develop a Call Center solution for TSP office (3 offices) located in Surabaya and Jakarta (2 sites).
Minister of Research & Development (Menristek)
- Menristek is one of the initiator of Open Source movement in Indonesia called IGOS.
- Develop a Digital Library System based on Open Source Java. This system will power Warintek (Science
and Technology Cyber Café). The system can do multi node café data exchange.
PT. Alpha Omega Production
- Alpha Omega Production is a mobile services company, several of their products are mobile streaming
with Mobile8, and SMS Messaging Services
- Develop AlphaOmega Production System from their existing system, from church services become SMS
general services such as Quiz, Multi-level Marketing and Management Reporting System.
- MRA is the groups that hold several popular life style companies such as Ferrari, Harley Davidson, Hard
Rock Cafe, Cosmopolitan, FHM, etc.
- Conduct Java Advisory Project for their internal IT Division. The IT Division will move all their Microsoft
technology to Java/Linux based solution.
DJPLN (Auction) Finance Departement
- DJPLN is a division of MoF (Ministry of Finance).
- Coaching, Advisor, Project Manager and Technical Trainer for all DJPLN (Auction Department)
PT. LestariBusana AnggunMahkota (Lestari Busana)
- Lestari Busana is a textile manufacturing in Jakarta, with client in London such as Adam Fashion, DKNY.
- Worked as Project Leader for Everest Implementation
PT. Matahari Kahuripan Indonesia (Makin Group)
- MAKIN Group is a conglomerate based in Jakarta. MAKIN Group have 27 subsidiaries operating in CPO
Plantation & Refinery, Plywood Manufacturing, Marble Mining, Gloves Manufacturing, Logging and
Forestry areas based on Borneo island.
- Worked as Project Leader, System Architect, Information Architect and System Designer, working with
internal Makin Group IT Team to develop integrated group’s portal system.
Nov 2001 – March 2002: Chief Technology Officer -
PT. Prodesain Konsultindo (Adelva Solutions)
Work with a co-founder of PT Prodesain to develop Prodesain Consulting Services. Several archiver made
and transform Prodesain from web design company become system integrator, with several client are: 21
Cinema, Matamata, Femina Group, HSBC, Lestari, Apac Inti Corpora, Natura Palm Candle, ABN Amro.
PT. MataMata Interaktif Indonesia (matamata.com)
- Matamata.com is a contextual commerce dotcom based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Contextual commerce is a
2 of 6
mixed web site between etailing system and news/content provider.
- Worked as Project Manager, System Architect, Information Architect and System Designer, working with
the founders of the company,
- This project was using ColdFusion 4.51, Microsoft SQL Server 7.0, Verity Search Engine and Windows
- Conducted visioning session for all matamata.com steering committees (MataMata.com Board of
- Conducted site map development session for all matamata.com key persons, content developer leader
and steering committee.
- Conducted information architecture session (matamata.com’s feature, content, estore services,
community services, credit card authorisation and detail site map design) from matamata.com’s site map.
- Developed system architecture and design for matamata.com’s content management system (ERD
design and project schedule).
- Developed system architecture and design for matamata.com’s etailing management system (design
ERD, business partner pages, matamata.com back office system).
- Develop migration from current matamata.com system to new matamata.com system.
- Led QA phase for matamata.com’s unit testing and unit acceptance testing.
April 1999 – present: Senior Consultant
eBusiness Team - Internet Technology
Arthur Andersen - Business Consulting - Indonesia
Andover E-PulpPaper Ltd. (ePulpPaper.com)
- ePulpPaper.com is a subsidiary of Asia Pulp & Paper Ltd. (APP), a pulp and paper holding company
located in Hongkong. APP has several companies located in mainland China (the biggest pulp and paper
in China), and Indonesia.
- ePulpPaper.com is an ecommerce marketplace for all of APP’s companies (subsidiary companies are
located in Indonesia, China, Hongkong and Singapore).
- This was a regional based project (Asia Pacific teams are involved) with teams from Hongkong, Taiwan,
Jakarta (Indonesia), New Zealand and Australia.
- This project used Windows NT, Java/EJB/JSP, Visual Basic, Netscape Directory Server, WebLogic 4.5.1
and Oracle DB 8
- Involved in Ariba Marketplace 7.2 project for developing offline client development system to connect
dialup users in mainland China with Ariba Marketplace on the internet (hosted in Hong Kong).
- Designed impact assessment of additional feature of multiple currency and quantity decimal in Ariba with
- Developed and designed RFQ (Request For Quotation) creation, RFQ posting, RFQ upload and RFQ
download from offline client (VB) with Ariba (EJB/Java Applet) for company type buyer and supplier.
- Involved in database design for offline system using Microsoft Access and Oracle 8I v2.
- Involved in the design and development of offline client using Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 and Java.
- Integrated Ariba Database with offline client database (Microsoft Access) using EJB/RMI. All Java object
components (Web Logic Java Server 4.51) in Internet will communicate with Java object in offline system
- Installed the Ariba Marketplace 7.2, Netscape Web Server, WebLogic Java Server, and Oracle Database
on Windows NT environment.
PT. Media Semuada (Semuada.com)
Semuada.com is a lifestyle portal dotcom owned by the Bimantara Group, one of the biggest conglomerates
- This project was Arthur Andersen’s joint development project in Asia Pasific region (Arthur Andersen
Hongkong, Malaysia and Indonesia) with Open Market (Netherlands and Singapore).
- Involved in OpenMarket IPS project to create a portal as XML Developer.
- Involved in System Architecture and Design (Database Design) for Open Market Asset Maker’s
- Designed XML for Open Market’s Asset Maker 2.1 (Database creation and testing).
- Developed XML document for Open Market in team based development.
3 of 6
- Connected the XML with Open Market’s Java class (Netscape’s Kiva).
PT. Dewata Wibawa
- PT. Dewata Wibawa is a communication company that wants to create a free ISP in Indonesia.
- Involved as Technical Consultant for a marketing research project to study the prospects of a free online
ISP in Indonesia.
- Researched Internet prospects, Internet subscriber, and behavior of Internet users in Indonesia.
PT. Bakrie Sumatera Plantations, Tbk.
- PT. Bakrie Sumatera Plantation, Tbk (BSP) is a plantation company located in Kisaran, North
- This was a regional based project (Asia Pasific teams are involved) with teams from Jakarta (Indonesia)
and Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
- Involved in Oracle ERP 11.028 implementation (Procurement, Inventory, System Administration, Backup
and Recovery) as an ERP Implementator and DBA.
- Advised BSP on procurement of Production Server and Testing Server (hardware specification;
processor, RAM, hard disk space).
- Trained BSP’s IT staff to design network system (install Network Card, install driver).
- Installed Oracle ERP 11.028 system in both server.
- Designed Technical Architecture, Oracle Backup and Recovery.
- Developed as-is document of current BSP’s business processes (Purchasing Departement and
- Developed to-be document for new BSP’s system (Oracle ERP business processes and manual
- Mapped BSP’s to-be business processes to Oracle System (design Workflow, Document maping).
- Moved tested Testing Server data to Production Server (cloning Oracle database from Testing Server to
- Setup network printer for all user and integrate all network printer with Oracle ERP.
- Migrated from current BSP system (dBase III) to Oracle ERP.
- Trained all BSP’s IT staff to create new responsibility in Oracle ERP, upload report created by Orace
Developer 2000 to Oracle ERP.
- Maintained all reports that have been created by user of GL, AP, AR, CM, Purchasing, Inventory, FA
modules to reduce disk space usage.
PT. Djarum, Tbk.
- PT Djarum, Tbk. (Djarum) is one of the biggest cigarette companies based in Indonesia.
- Involved in Information System Plan project as Technical Consultant.
- Designed Network Infrastructure for all Djarum subsidiary that are located in Medan (Sumatera Island),
Jakarta, Bandung, Cirebon, Kudus, Semarang, Surabaya (Java Island), Ujung Pandang (Sulawesi
- Designed high-level software development or software implementation system for Djarum
(COM/CORBA, Network Server, Email Server, Database Server and integrate current system that run on
AS/400, Linux and Novell Netware with new system).
- Designed technology solutions (intranet, internet, and dialup system) for Djarum.
- Designed all possible system to integrate all sub branches in Indonesia (200 sub branches) to all Djarum
branches (Internet, VPN, Frame Relay, and Dialup system).
- Designed all possible system to integrate all branches in Indonesia to Djarum headquarters in Kudus.
- Designed hardware and software for implementing approached system (Price, Specification, Technology,
and time frame).
- Designed standard communication protocol (TCP/IP) and integrated with current communication protocol
(IPX/SPX and SNA protocol).
- Gave advice to Djarum for their staff to use and absorb new technology that will make Djarum outperform
compete with their competitor.
July 1997 –April 1999: Chief Techonology Officer (Finance & System)
4 of 6
PT. Matahari Kahuripan Indonesia (MAKIN Group),
MAKIN Group is a conglomerate based in Jakarta. MAKIN Group have 7 subsidiaries
operating in CPO Plantation & Refinery, Plywood Manufacturing, Marble
Mining, Gloves Manufacturing, Logging and Forestry areas based on
- Implemented Microsoft BackOffice 4.0 in WAN System using dedicated VSAT System (Interconnecting
between Jakarta City, Banjarmasin City, and Butong Site, Borneo).
- Advised to MAKIN Group on the best and most effective technology for MAKIN Group requirements.
- Procurement advisor for system that will be implemented by all staff in MAKIN Group.
- Connected new system that was located in Jakarta to Butong Site and Banjarmasin City (Borneo Island).
- Designed and implemented Microsoft Windows NT, Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 for all staff.
- Designed and Implement Internet connection in Makin Group that have been connected
- Designed TCP/IP numbering for Jakarta, Banjarmasin, and Butong.
- Responsible for all procurement of PC, network card, cable, router, and software procurement in MAKIN
Group and subsidiaries.
- Recommended the best and the most cost effective hardware and software that will be implemented in
MAKIN Group and subsidiaries.
- Developed internal software using Visual Basic version 5.0, Microsoft Access 97 and Crystal Report 5.
- Developed Executive Information System for Directors to integrate all financial, marketing, purchasing,
May 1995 – July 1997: Electronic Data Processor
PT. Weka Dwi Sentosa (Weka Group)
Weka Group is a group of civil engineering company, conduit and insulation sub contractor
companies, aluminium foil tape manufacturer, and calcium silica and
skyscraper filter distributor.
- IT Support and Developer.
- Trained new sales information system in PT. Weka Dwi Sentosa to all secretary, internal administrator,
and sales personnel.
- Advisor for procurement of all new hardware.
- Designed and developed export and import software using Microsoft Visual Basic 4.0, Crystal Report and
Microsoft Access 2.0.
- Implemented peer-to-peer network using Microsoft Windows for Workgroup 3.11 and Lantastic software
- Trained Microsoft Office 4.3 (Microsoft Word 6.0, Microsoft Excel 5.0, and OLE 2.0) to all secretary and
directors in Weka Group.
- Mapped current business processes in PT. Insfoil Pradanasakti (Weka’s aluminium foil manufacturer).
- Designed tender document for Weka Dwi Sentosa using OLE 2.0 technology.
1992 – 1994: IT Support, Programmer, Graphic Designer and Trainer
PT Purba Jaya (Unilever Distributor for Bogor, Depok)
Toko Kota Baru (Unilever Distributor for Sukabumi City)
Dapindo Computer (Hardware Dealer)
CPU Computer (Compaq, Longshine, and Casio distributor)
- Installed, maintained and updated all related computer (PT Purba Jaya and Toko Kota Baru).
- Designed exhibition brochure using CorelDraw and Adobe Photoshop (Dapindo Computer and CPU
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS + ACTIVITIES
2003 – now Java User Group Indonesia Founder
JaMU (Java Meet Up) Organizer
Work with Sun, Oracle, Nokia to develop Java market in Indonesia.
5 of 6
JUG Indonesia is the biggest Java community in Indonesia with 1250
members and average posting 700-1200/month.
2004 – now Compiere User Group Founder (email@example.com)
Organize Compiere Training in Indonesia (with OpenFIX Sdn Bhd)
2004 – now: IGOS team, as a Java community representative.
2004 – now BlueOxygen Spot
Develop a Java Research Center in every university.
2001 – now BlueOxygen Foundation
An Open Source Project based on Java. Several projects in Blueoxygen are:
BlueOxygen Cimande Workspace Framework, BlueOxygen BiO2 Distro,
BlueOxygen BlueSMS, BlueOxygen Aconix CMS, Blueoxygen Electra
1993 - 1997: Lepisi Computer Club, Desktop Publisher and Editor in Chief.
1996 - 1997: Computer Lab Multimedia and Networking Research Division in Trisakti
1992 - 1993: Batu Tulis Computer Club, member.
Trisakti University Bachelor of Science Major: Industrial Engineering
Jakarta - Indonesia (1993-1997) Minor: Industrial System
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft Windows NT Workstation Microsoft TCP/IP
Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Microsoft Networking Essential
Microsoft Windows NT Enterprise
• Sun Java Champion
• Oracle Ace Director
Full Name: Frans Thamura
Nationality: Indonesian Mobile Phone: +62 855 7888 699
Place of Birth: Sukabumi,
Address: Jl. Penjernihan V No. 6
Office Phone: +62-21-928-00337
6 of 6