Day Make Space for Learning
• Many thanks are in order…
• Glenville School for hosting
• Custodial Staff / All that helped put together
• All the participants for engaging in a new type of
Professional Learning experience
Why new technology isn’t enough...
• Teachers provided an“own their own learning” day
through collaboration, authentic and relevant
exploration of instructional practices.
• Provide time, resources and structure to“explore closelyonline tools, resources and strategies to support CCSS and
SBAC and model student-centered learning.
• Encourage teachers to develop a PLN (Personal Learning
• Improve home-school connections and parent
• Determine barriers and challenges as well as rewards of
the experience through reflections in each activity.
• Maximize the power of local and global sharing of ideas.
Structure, Resources & Answers or…
Where do I go?
• Structure of the Day
• Review Agenda
• Wikispaces address:
• Be sure to sign-in on Full Workshop registration plus
individual session attendance forms in rooms.
• Backchannel - Questions/Observations
• Todays Meet:
• If any of the pages load too slowly – let us know
immediately and we’ll try to correct it.
• Reflection & Final Group Presentation in google
presentation – take a look at a previous
presentation so your group knows the
The New Digital Divide :
• Those who know how "think" about search vs. those
• Those who know how to validate information vs. those
• Those who know where to find information – use PLNs
and be in control of their own learning – and those who
• Those who know how to get information to travel to
them vs. those who still chase it.
• Those who have the knowledge to create and re-mix
digital media and those who don't .