Meeting in Palermo (IT)
Presentation of Activities undertaken by KDEK during the project lifetime
(2011 – 2013)
As partners decided in the 1st
partners meeting in Cyprus, the key products of the
project will be a Volunteering Framework constituted by the 3 Rs: Recruitment,
Retainment and Recognition, while the secondary product will be a web platform.
Consequently, the Activities that KDEK carried out were in line and aim at achieving
these key products.
1. Before the meeting in Cyprus:
• Set up a database of Volunteers. Then, the staffs and the volunteers who will
participate in the Mobilities were decided,
• Meetings were organized to inform and train volunteers about the requirements of
2. Soon after the meeting in Cyprus KDEK:
• Filled in and delivered the “Questionnaire about Recruitment of Volunteers in
Social Care”. The questionnaire was filled in by 3 local organizations/
associations, that base part of their activities on volunteering, i.e.:
Organization of Culture, Youth and Sports (OPONGA),
Association of Kilkis Association of Cancer Patients.
After that, the results gathered have been elaborated.
• Updated its Volunteers’ database,
• Disseminated the project and its aims at local level (local newspapers, website),
• Organized a meeting to inform KDEK staff about kick off meeting results.
3. In December 2011 KDEK participated in the research “Country Reports”
carried out by all partners in the frame of the project. KDEK translated the
template into Greek and then carried out the research itself in Greece.
4. KDEK contributed to the website by uploading information.
5. During the meeting in London KDEK reported on the lack of formal and informal
recognition that appeared to have countered what might have been an opportunity
to stimulate more volunteering.
6. As a “best practice” the example of the “Social Pharmacy” run by KDEK has
been presented. It is an integrated example where the 3 Rs have been practiced,
that is to say that there were precise Recruitment initiatives (promotion,
selection criteria), Retainment (training, supporting, active involvement),
Recognition. A report has been prepared on this regard.
By Ms. Georgia Avramidou - KDEK