1. The Morgan Family IV: The Best Laid Plans... by fireflowersims Veronica, Angelina and Faye go to college.
2. "Veronica's the heiress? The romance sim that wants to start a cult so they can go meet the aliens?" That's right! Almost everyone voted for her. Faye got a vote or two, but poor Angelina didn't get any. :( Oh well. On with the show! Last time: - Danielle, our founder, married Gordon - They had three daughters: Veronica, a Romance Sim who wants to lead a cult; Angelina, a Popularity sim who wants to be a mad scientist; and Faye, a Romance sim who wants to be a general. - The girls headed off to college. So here we go!
3. Faye, Angelina and Veronica had been looking forward to college ever since they'd heard their mother's stories about it. Now they were going to be living in her dorm, meeting her friends and even taking classes with her professors. None of them had chosen a major yet, but they were all still excited.
4. "It's okay if you don't know what you want to major in yet," promised Virginia, one of their fellow dormies. "Most of us don't, either. It took your mom a few years to decide, too." "Really?" Angelina asked. Virginia nodded. "You'll figure it out. Don't worry about it. Just enjoy school."
5. Faye wasn't sure of her major, either, but she did have an idea of something she wanted to do. "I really want to be a general in the army, you know, but..." She glanced down at her macaroni, knowing that her idea was going to sound silly, then regathered her courage and looked back up at Starla. "I want to be a cosmetoligist on the side, too. I really want to give people makeovers and help them look good. Does that sound too weird?" Starla smiled reassuringly. "No, not at all. I bet you'll do a great job." "Thanks!" she said with a grin. "You'll be one of my clients, right?" "Um, right." "Great!"
6. True to her word, Faye set to work. She'd never tried to give makeovers before, but she proved to be a natural. Student after student went to her for help, and she rarely messed up. Before too long, she had her bronze stylist badge and was well on her way to her silver one.
7. Veronica, meanwhile, was worried about generation three of the Morgan family. She took being the heiress seriously, as seriously as she did her plans to go to other worlds.
8. She'd known Sabastian Copur since she was a kid. He and her father were friends, so he'd often come over for dinner. But everything changed on her parents' birthday, when she went to the party and saw Sabastian there. Before she knew what was happening, she was spending more time making out with him than she was helping her parents adjust to being elders.
9. That had been at the very beginning of her freshman year, just after she'd arrived at the dorm. Now she invited Sabastian over constantly, and had long since decided that he would make a suitable father for the third generation. Not that she was going to marry him. After all, she was a romance sim, so she wasn't interested in commitment. But she knew he'd understand.
10. Faye wanted to get out of the dorm and see more of their school, so her sisters agreed to accompany her to the school's cafe. Their classmates often raved about its great coffee, so it seemed like a natural choice.
11. Veronica settled in with her coffee. Almost immediately her dormmate Melissa Kimbrell sat down next to her, her eyes glowing. "You're not going to believe this," she said excitedly. "I saw him and I thought of you, right away." Veronica blinked. "Saw who?" "A half-alien!" She almost dropped her coffee. She'd researched plenty of alien encounters and the children that had resulted, of course, but she'd never actually seen or met any. "I didn't know there was anyone like that at school," she finally said. "I didn't either, but there is." A faraway look entered her eyes, and Veronica knew she was remembering him.
12. "I was getting in line to get some coffee, right? And I was looking around, because I was bored. And there he was." She grinned. "I wasn't brave enough to talk to him or anything, but I knew I had to tell you." "Well, where is he now?" Veronica asked excitedly. "Did he leave, or-" Melissa looked around; then her eyes lit up. "There," she said triumphantly, pointing at the entryway. "He must've left for awhile, but he's back now."
13. Before Veronica could second-guess her decision, she was on her feet and had walked up to him. "Hi," she said with a smile, holding out her hand. "I'm Veronica Morgan." "Lucien Valin." He looked surprised but shook her hand. "It's nice to meet you." She could feel her fingers tingling, but tried to ignore it. "I just started school here," she explained. "My sisters are here with me, too. We're from Whispering Hills. What about you?" "I just started, too." He had such a nice voice. She could've listened to him all day. "I'm actually from Strangetown." "Really?" Veronica asked. "You're far from home." "Yes, I am."
14. The more she talked to him, the more comfortable she became. She didn't go into her interest in aliens yet. Instead she kept it normal- school, the dorms, shows they watched, legacies they followed. Lucien started to open up more and more. The first time he smiled at her, she was nearly overwhelmed by it. All thoughts of Sabastian slipped from her mind. She had to get to know Lucien better, and not just because of her lifetime goals.
15. "It's like magic," Faye said dreamily as the sisters shared a meal of shish kebabs. "Our first semester, and she meets the alien of her dreams. I hope it'll happen like that for me, too."
16. "I'm sure it will, when you grow up," Veronica said mischievously, dodging Faye's faked punches. Angelina shook her head at her sisters' antics, then started to look around the coffee house. As she did, she noticed someone that she couldn't take her eyes off of.
17. Once they were all done eating, she got up and walked over to him. She was the most outgoing of the sisters so it didn't bother her to strike up a conversation. "Hi," she said, startling him out of his reverie. When he did look at her, his green eyes warmed as he smiled. "Hi. I'm Jake Lam." "I'm Angelina Morgan."
18. Now she understood why Veronica had been so happy about Lucien. She was beginning to feel the same connection with Jake. As the minutes went by and they kept talking, she even found herself discussing the legacy. He looked interested. "You're in a legacy family? Really? What's it like?" "Just like any other family, I guess," she said with a shrug. "Except maybe someday we'll be the ones that people want to meet, like how we all want to meet Gage Uglacy and Jack Buccaneer." "I'll have to look for your stories sometime," he commented. She smiled. "Or you could be in them."
19. When she joined her sisters in the cab, she couldn't stop smiling. "What took you so long?" Faye asked. "Oh, nothing." Her smile widened. "Just making plans with Jake, that's all. We're going out soon."
20. Faye barely slept the next night. All she could think about was how lucky her sisters were and how much she wanted to meet someone, too. So she tried one thing that no one else in her family had- the matchmaker.
21. "Glasses and full face make up?" the gypsy repeated, pulling out her crystal ball. Faye nodded, clutching her hands hopefully. "And no custom hair," she added, wrinkling her nose. "Most people pick really terrible hairstyles. That's why I'm a stylist, you know." "Mmhmm," the gypsy said absently, already gazing into her crystal ball. Faye watched, smiling in anticipation. Soon she wouldn't be the only Morgan sister without a boy to daydream about.
22. Just as seven o'clock rolled around, the matchmaker summoned her man. "This is Dominique Miller," she told Faye, who gazed at him uncertainly. "He doesn't have any of your turn-ons, but he doesn't have custom hair, either. I'm sure you can fix him up. He's got a good job, he's a nice guy... it should work."
23. Dominique walked over and shook her hand, smiling. "It's nice to meet you." She managed to smile back, trying not to think of where his glove had been. "You, too."
24. "I never would've guessed that all this would happen," Starla told Veronica at breakfast, a huge grin on her face. "It seems like just yesterday that I met Danielle, and now I'm here with her daughter the heiress. I can't wait to see how your life turns out. Lucien sounds like a great guy, too, and you should certainly have some interesting kids. I bet Gordon'll be thrilled." Veronica nodded, poking at her omelette. It was the first time she'd thought of the future like that. Living without her sisters, raising one-quarter alien children with only her parents to help... For a moment she wished that she was just a kid again, and that her whole family could just stay together.
25. Faye had shrugged off her memory of her bad date and was refocusing on her career. It was time to talk Starla into the makeover she'd promised. "First I'm going to do something about that hair," she told her once Starla had agreed. "You need a change, don't you think? And I might lighten the makeup, too. Just a little bit. You'll still look badass, don't worry." Starla gave her a faint smile. "Just as long as I'll still be me." "Don't worry about a thing," Faye said with a wink. "I'll take care of it."
26. When Faye had finished her miracle working, Starla glanced over at her. "How is it?" she asked warily, noticing the dazed look in Faye's eyes.
27. Faye grinned and whipped out a mirror. "You're a masterpiece, Starla." Starla eyed her reflection and beamed. "Thanks! This is great, Faye." "I know," she replied modestly.
28. Veronica checked her email that night and found a message from the headmaster. Apparently her dorm's wiring was faulty and they all needed to move out until the building could be fixed. "Worthinggale dorm," she said quietly, looking it up online.
29. The dorm was just as huge as the pictures had promised. All three girls looked wide-eyed at it the next morning, then at each other. "Well..." Veronica finally said, trying to shake off her daze. "Let's pick our rooms, alright?" --- If you want this dorm, it was created by thirteenthdancer at ModtheSims2.
30. "Hey!" Faye turned, startled, and found herself swept up in a huge embrace. Then, just as quickly, the guy stepped back and gave her an embarrassed look. "I'm sorry," he said, turning slightly red. "I thought you were someone else."
31. She smiled back automatically. "Sorry I wasn't who you were looking for." "It's okay," he said with a shrug. "I'll find her later. Oh, I'm Phil Landry, by the way. You're one of the new dormies?" She nodded. "Faye Morgan." "Faye," he repeated, and smiled. "That's one of my favorite names. It's nice to meet you, Faye." Faye found herself smiling back. "You, too."
32. As soon as Veronica had settled in, she called Lucien to invite him over. He agreed quickly and promised to be over as soon as he could.
33. When he did show up, she couldn't stop smiling. All her worries about being the heiress and generation three seemed to fade away. "Hi," she said. "I'm glad you're here." He smiled back. "Me, too."
34. She was going to invite him inside, but instead they ended up talking for hours.
35. Talking, and kissing. There were definitely no doubts in her mind. As much as she cared about Sabastian, she'd much rather Lucien be the father of her future children.
36. Almost as though she could sense this, Faye interrupted the moments to ask if she could give Lucien a makeover. He agreed, and Veronica decided to use the moment to fix her hair. As soon as she was out of earshot, Faye leaned forward. "Look, you'd better not be after my sister just because you want screentime," she warned him. He eyed her curiously. "Screentime? What are you talking about?" "What do you think? She's the heiress. If you're the father of her kids-"
37. "Wait, slow down." He sat back, obviously in a state of total disbelief. "Are you trying to tell me that you're both part of a legacy family?" "You didn't know?" She paled. "Oh, crap. I'm so sorry. I was just worried, and I thought-" "It's all right," he assured her, smiling a bit. "I don't blame you. I'm glad you want to protect Veronica. Thanks for telling me."
38. The makeover was quick, since he didn't need much to be changed about him. It didn't take him long to find Veronica in the game room. She went over to him, already smiling, and he hugged her tightly.
39. Faye's revelation had come too late for him. He was already head over heels in love with Veronica Morgan, and he wouldn't leave her, no matter what. He just hoped that his family would understand that.
40. "Has V mentioned her cult plans to you lately?" Angelina asked Faye the next night. Faye shook her head. "All she can talk about anymore is Lucien. What about you?" "Same." She was quiet for a moment, watching Faye make her next move. "He seems like a nice guy." "He is." She smiled. "Trust V to fall for an alien." "Dad'll be so proud." They both laughed.
41. Lucien was painting, one of his favorite hobbies. It soothed him, and he loved being able to take what he saw and felt and put it on paper. He was trying to paint Veronica, but he still wasn't sure if he could actually manage it. Was it possible to really capture a girl like her?
42. When the all too familiar lights appeared out of the corner of his eye, he nearly dropped his brush. He'd been half-expecting this, but not this soon.
43. "Lucien." He set his paint supplies down and sighed. "Uncle Rayel." "Sit down, Lucien." "I know what you're going to say, and-" "Sit. Down."
44. No sooner had they been seated than Rayel started in on him. "I never should have let your father agree to this stupid plan. I should have known that your fascination with humans would-" "Veronica's not just any human! She's-" "In a legacy!" the alien lord interrupted, glaring. "As soon as you found that out, you should have left! You can't get pulled into a legacy!"
45. Lucien sighed. "I know I promised that if I stayed on Earth for school, I wouldn't get myself noticed. But Veronica doesn't want to get married anyway. And I wouldn't live with her, and-"
46. "You're the heir to the throne, boy!" his uncle reminded him impatiently. "No human women can be having illegitimate brats. Especially not a legacy heiress!" "But I love her!"
47. "Love." His uncle actually laughed. "Guess what, boy? We've finally chosen your fiancee. Your father was going to let you stay here until the wedding, but now that you've done this..." "A fiancee?" Lucien's head was spinning. "He promised that he wouldn't-" "Well, he changed his mind, and not a moment too soon. You're coming back with me, right this instant. Do you understand?"
48. Lucien's shoulders slumped. What choice did he have? His father could find him easily and bring him back by force. He had nowhere to go. Being near Veronica would only expose him, thanks to her legacy. "I hate you both for this." His uncle shook his head. "You'll thank us later."
49. Then, in another burst of lights, they were gone.
50. "Lucien and I are going to go to a party at his dorm," Veronica told Faye at breakfast. She hadn't stopped smiling since the night before. "Then we'll come back here, and..." Faye smiled. "Congratulations. I'm glad you two are so happy." "Thanks! Don't worry, I'll try to meet some guys for you, okay?" "Thanks," she said in amusement. "Just remember, no custom hair. No idiots, either, okay?" "Only the best for my baby sister." "Darn right."
51. Only the best, Faye thought again as she worked on her term paper. Where are all the great guys, anyway? A brief image of her friend Phil crossed her mind, and she started in surprise. Well, other than Phil, anyway.
52. "What do you mean?" Veronica asked, her hand trembling. "He's not here," the girl on the other end said again. "He moved out of the dorm this morning. He's not even in school anymore. Trust me, we've all been looking." Veronica slowly hung up the phone, unable to believe it. Surely he'd call, e-mail, send a letter... something. Lucien couldn't have just left her like this.
53. The sisters all dealt with it in different ways. Angelina became more protective of Veronica. She insisted that the older girl not sleep alone, and her sister couldn't help being grateful for it. Tonight was supposed to have been her first night with Lucien, at least according to her plans. Being by herself would have been terrible. As for Faye...
54. Phil looked dazedly at her, obviously in total disbelief. "I don't get it." Faye giggled. "Don't get what? I'll be happy to refresh your memory..." He had to grin. "No, nothing like that. I just don't get why you're here with me. I mean, I know I'm not exactly the best-looking guy in this school..."
55. Faye smiled. "You're a great guy, Phil. And stop talking like that about yourself. You look hot." Her smile widened. "I'm the one that made you over, aren't I?" "True." He leaned forward and kissed her again, smiling. "Now, about that reminder..."
56. "I'm moving on." The sisters looked at her in disbelief. "Already?" Angelina asked in surprise. "But Lucien-" "I'm a romance sim, remember?" Veronica pointed out. "Trust me, I'll be fine. And I have missed Sabastian. I just wanted to tell you guys so that you wouldn't worry." Faye and Angelina exchanged a glance. They'd put on a good front for V, sure, but they were definitely going to discuss this later.
57. She'd never seen Sabastian so happy. "I've missed you," he told her after one of their many kisses. She touched his cheek and smiled back. She wasn't over Lucien, not by a long shot, but she hadn't realized how much she really had missed Sabastian. "I've missed you, too," she replied honestly.
58. Even though she'd planned for Lucien to be her first, it turned out to be Sabastian instead. And to her own surprise, she didn't regret it at all.
59. "Are you sure you're all right?" Angelina asked worriedly the next day over their traditional game of chess. Veronica nodded. "Trust me, I'm fine. I thought I'd be having a harder time with it, but..." She shrugged. "I love Sabastian, too. He does make me happy. Even if Lucien's not here, I'll still be fine." "I hope so," Angelina said worriedly. "You're my best friend, you know. If anything's wrong..." "I'll tell you," Veronica promised.
60. Shortly after their chess game, Veronica found herself in the bathroom, throwing up what was left of her dinner the night before. She'd never been sick in her life, and utterly hated the feeling.
61. She dragged herself out of the bathroom, still gagging a bit. She clutched her stomach and tried to figure out what was wrong. For some reason, the only thing that came to mind was how Danielle had had morning sickness during her pregnancy with Faye. Veronica paled. There's no way... I'm not... I can't be...
62. Angelina gasped, slapping her hand over her mouth. "You're WHAT?" "I know," Veronica said with a groan, forcing down another bite of her pancakes. "Trust me, I didn't plan this." "What are you going to do?" "Everything's under control," she said, as calmly as she could. "It's almost time for graduation, so I shouldn't start showing until I get home. Then Mom and Dad will be able to help me out. It'll be fine." "I hope so," Angelina murmured.
63. While Angelina reacted to the news by hovering more than ever, Faye was happier than Veronica had ever seen her. She wasn't sure if it was because of Phil or because of the prospect of having a niece or nephew. "Here," she said, holding up her mirror. "A fun new look for the mommy-to-be." She grinned. "I saw pictures of Mom with her hair like this from when she was younger, so I thought it'd look hot on you. And I was right, as always." Veronica laughed, beaming at her reflection. "Thanks, Faye." "Any time."
64. Angelina's relationship with Jake had been quiet and under the radar, but she was getting more and more serious about him with each passing semester. Since it was almost time to graduate, she'd been thinking about her life after college. Veronica's pregnancy had only reinforced that.
65. She went down on one knee, beaming at him. Jake look stunned, an expression that stayed fixed on his face when she began to speak. "Jake, I love you so much..." She trailed off and laughed. "I had a speech all ready, but I don't even remember half of it, so I'm just going to cut to the chase. Will you marry me?"
66. When Jake could finally react, he pulled her to her feet and gave her a long kiss. "Of course I will," he agreed softly. She all but leaped into his arms, smiling harder than ever. Even if she wasn't the heiress, she knew she'd be living happily ever after, too.
67. Then it was time for them all to graduate. Veronica was the first one done with her exams, and she crossed paths with Faye, who was on her way to her own. "Good luck, V!" Faye said with a grin. Veronica smiled back. "You, too. See you at the house." Faye stopped short. "What? But we're-"
68. " You mean you don't want to live with us and help me hold down the fort?" Veronica faked a look of disappointment. "And here I thought you'd be thrilled." Faye beamed and practically tackled her in a hug. "You know I will!" "Good. Then get done with your final exams soon." "I will." Faye let go of her and beamed. "See you at the house!"
69. Veronica picked up the phone. "Yes, I need a ride back to Whispering Hills." A smile crossed her face. "I'm going home."
70. And here's another shot of Vaughn, this time with his daddy, Rhys Fitzhugh. I just can't help it. He's so cute! Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this album. It was a bit disjointed, probably, but I did my best. I may go back and edit it a bit. We'll see.... ------>
71. Told you I couldn't resist posting pictures of Vaughn. ^_^