1. X X =independently organized TED events SanAntonio
2. … .is helping introduce some of the most fascinating thinkers and doers to a world stage. TED is a global platform devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. TEDx is a locally organized event that focuses on individuals and innovation in various cities. The individuals involved with TEDxSan Antonio have a passion for creative community collaboration. We believe in the power of ideas to change attitudes, lives and ultimately, the world. TEDxSan Antonio A Little History about TED TED began in 1984 as a gathering place for innovators and leaders in the fields of Technology, Entertainment and Design. 26 years later, TED has become a nexus for a global community of individuals who believe in the power of Ideas Worth Spreading. The TED.com video library features more than 600 amazing talks of such high quality that the site has become the platinum standard for innovation in digital storytelling.
3. Tim Berners-Lee Jeff Bezos Stewart Brand Isabel Allende Gordon Brown James Cameron Richard Dawkins Bill Clinton Joaquin de Posada Anna Deavere Smith TED has mobilized some of the world’s thought leaders to share and collaborate. Dan Dennett Thomas Dolby Freeman Dyson Dave Eggers Eve Ensler Stephen Hawking Richard Feynman Viktor Frankl Peter Gabriel Ze Frank Bill Gates Rachelle Garniez Murray Gell-Mann Frank Gehry Malcolm Gladwell Doris Kearns Goodwin Temple Grandin Ray Kurzweil Herbie Hancock And hundreds more you don’t know yet — but you will!
4. Every week, in multiple cities, people are coming together to pursue ideas worth spreading. 230 TEDx Events have happened in 2009 25 Languages 80 Countries TEDx is part of a revolution in global education made possible by local organizers wanting to engage their communities. It’s all about the passion for ideas…...
5. TED has created the TEDx program— local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Some are small, intimate. Some are larger (like ours). The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized. What is TEDx?
6. What is TEDxSan Antonio? <ul><li>TEDx San Antonio will showcase our region’s innovation, industry, creativity, values, activities, passions and culture to the worldwide TED community. </li></ul><ul><li>San Antonio is underestimated— we’re going to shine a light on the city’s brain trust </li></ul><ul><li>The TEDx SA community serves as a locus of thought leadership </li></ul>Place photo that represents your event here.
7. <ul><li>The TEDxSA 2010 Event </li></ul><ul><li>Saturday, October 16, 2010 </li></ul><ul><li>Trinity University’s elegant, intimate Stieren Theatre </li></ul><ul><li>350 diverse attendees </li></ul><ul><li>Corporate sponsors (large and small) </li></ul><ul><li>World-class speakers giving inspiring 18-minute talks that will change minds, paradigms and ultimately the world </li></ul><ul><li>High quality video capture </li></ul><ul><li>Live worldwide webcast event </li></ul>
8. <ul><li>TEDx San Antonio face-to-face events and mixers </li></ul><ul><li>Volunteer opportunities </li></ul><ul><li>http://tedxsanantonio.com </li></ul><ul><li>Twitter: @tedxsanantonio </li></ul><ul><li>Facebook: TEDxSan Antonio </li></ul>Building the TEDxSan Antonio Community
9. <ul><li>Your company embodies thought leadership in San Antonio. You want to attract and mix with other thought leaders both here and in the worldwide TED community. </li></ul><ul><li>You believe in bringing together corporations and individuals who want to be change agents surrounding remarkable thinking and ideas. </li></ul><ul><li>You want to leverage ideas, technologies, design, and education to help create a better future. </li></ul>Because … Why Sponsor TEDx San Antonio?
11. <ul><li>Varies by level: </li></ul><ul><li>Logo on main stage, main Web page, and final videos </li></ul><ul><li>Logo on all marketing materials, including programs and t-shirts </li></ul><ul><li>Special acknowledgement at event from MC and on slides during breaks </li></ul><ul><li>Table in front hall </li></ul><ul><li>Priority reserved seats for <n> people </li></ul><ul><li>Opportunity to provide speaker for breakout event. (Pre-approval required.) </li></ul><ul><li>Opportunity to send <n> people to the speaker reception. </li></ul><ul><li>Opportunity to display your banner on the event grounds. </li></ul>Sponsorship Recognition
12. We invite you to Participate Engage Fund Innovate Ideas Worth Spreading
13. We look forward to further discussing the TEDx San Antonio opportunity with you. Thank you! Contact: Susan Price, TEDx Sponsorship, [email_address] (210) 872-0445