1. FUTURE INTERNET PPP FOR SMART CITIES Smart Cities and the Future InternetFIREBALL and EUROCITIES EVENT – Session 3 Brussels, Jan 25th 2012
2. FUTURE INTERNET PPP AT A GLANCE
3. FI-PPP AT A GLANCE (II)• The Future Internet Public-Private Partnership (FI-PPP) Programme brings public and private actors together to “advance Europes competitiveness in Future Internet technologies and systems and to support the emergence of Future Internet-enhanced applications of public and social relevance”.• The Programme’s approach: • Industry-led – the PPP is a short-term (i.e. 5 year) initiative helping competitiveness and growth of industries in the internet value chain (networks, services, applications); • European-focussed – helping to grow the vibrant European Internet industry – into a European industrial stronghold; and, • User-driven – as services and applications become ever more agile and changing, users play a key role in driving application led initiative.• See http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/activities/foi/lead/fippp/index_en.htm.• See European Commission. (2011). Digital agenda: Future Internet Public Private Partnership Frequently Asked Questions. Retrieved at, http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/activities/foi/events/fi-fpp-launch/memo.pdf.
4. PLATFORM AS AN ARENA FOR EXPERIMENTATIONSuppliers Governments Manufacturer Consumers Wholesalers Retailers Future Internet Core Platform Provisioning – Hosting – Refactoring – Brokering – Consumption App/Services ecosystem and delivery framework Internet of Things Cloud Hosting Interface to Networks Versatile and open network and service platform, reusable, standardised and commonly shared technology enablers -> for smart specialisation, user & SME innovation, new business, policies, standardisation
5. FI-PPP OPPORTUNITIES FOR SMART CITIESUpcoming CONCRETE opportunities for cities to engage with theFI-PPP• FI-WARE open calls (3 different open calls) www.fi-ware.eu• Participating in FI-PPP phase 2/3 projects as full partners or associated partners: • Towards the large scale trials; • Involvement of citizens and user communities (demand side) and political and societal co-development. Achieving the socio-economic impact. www.fi-ppp.eu• Infrastructure owners / Users of the infrastructures repository www.fi-infinity.euFI-PPP – EUROCITIES dissemination and engagement channels(project and programme level):• Other ways to engage with the the FI-PPP projects• As Users of the results of the FI-PPP
6. THANK YOU!! Ana Garcia ENoLL Ana.firstname.lastname@example.org www.openlivinglabs.euwww.fi-ppp.eu / @FI_PPP