Just ask Google for Dropbox and then follow theprompts. There is a video about how to use Dropboxwhen you open the link https://www.dropbox.com/
This is a great programme for sharing large files. Anemail can send around 5MB. With Dropbox you canshare much bigger files easily. That is why I often sendprogrammes via a Dropbox. If I want to invite you toshare a folder in Dropbox this is what I do: 1. I sign in to my Dropbox account on the web.
2. I find the folder I want to share with you.I click on the folder to open it so that the name of thefolder appears at the top. Make sure the name of the folder is at the top3. Now I click on the folder icon which is what Iwant to share.
4. I then add email addresses and write a shortexplanatory message Add names each separated by a comma Add your message Share the folder You should then get an invite to share the folder in your email box.
1. You will get an email from Dropbox with an invite. 2. Open the email and click on the required link.
3. It will ask you to join the folder by creating anaccount so that you can download. This doesn’tmean that you have installed it. 4. You can sign in if you already have an account.
5. If you are just creating an account you’ll get awelcome message.6. At this point you can either download Dropbox andinstall it on your computer (preferred) or you can justclose the window
7. If you opt to just close the window, open the folderfrom the email again (see point 5) and this time it willask you to sign in.8. It will take you to the shared folder. (e.g. I am nowillustrating from a shared Microsoft Songsmith folder)
9. Click on the programme you want todownload, and an option to download it willappear. 10. Download it and then save it.
1. If you receive an invite and you are already a member of Dropbox with Dropbox installed, you can sign in.
2. Accept the folder3. Once you have joined and installed dropbox theaccepted shared folder will just appear in yourDropbox folder in My Documents4.Open the shared folder and install it from thereif it is a programme. This method is much quicker.
This feature could actually make sharing files awhole lot easier! You could just send this link tosomeone! I normally do this with Box.net butwill now try and use Dropbox.1. Go into your Dropbox folder on the web andfind the folder which contains the file you wantto share.
2. Click on the file you wish to share. Ou’llnotice a link icon. Click on that.3. It will take you to a page with a new URL Share this URL Who ever receives it should be able to download
A shared folder has an unusual icon showing twopeople. That means it is shared. Enjoy Dropbox. It’s a great programme with great possibilities for classroom use.