1. Google Hangouts are part of Google+, Googlesnew free social networking tool. On a Hangout10 people (possible 15 on Google Apps) can:*video chat*IM (instant message) chat*watch YouTube videos together*collaborate on a Google Doc*use a whiteboard collaboratively*add effects for fun*record the Hangout directly on YouTube*live stream for more viewers*and more…
2. What can bedone is listed here Whoever istalking fills the big screen People on the hangout
3. *Go to your Google + account…*Once there you should see your stream offriend activity.*In the right sidebar, you should see theHangouts section. Click on the green "Start ahangout" button.
4. Start a hangoutYour stream You might be asked to install a plugin first time around
5. Invite participants
6. 1. Go to http://www.schedulehangout.com/Clickhere
7. 2. Fill outthe form…Fill in all the details andclick on ‘Next Step’. Click here
8. 3. Reviewthe event…Check everything… Click here
9. 4. It’s done! So now we wait and see what happens…
10. 5. Confirmation email in myinbox Can this get any easier! Wow
11. 6. Accept or decline the invite
12. You can share/listen hangouts onthe Google Education on Air site https://sites.google.com/site/eduonair/home
14. Get to know each other’s names via the Lower Third app
15. You can add effects for fun
16. You can chat in the chatbox
17. To instant message everyone in thehang out, press the "Chat" button. Itsthe button thats second from the leftin the toolbar. Type your message inthe box and press the enter key onyour keyboard to send. Your messagewill be available to everyone, and itwill be formatted like a conversationon Google Chat and Google Talk.
18. You can record to YouTube unlisted so only those with the link can watch
19. You can share your screen This screenshot comes from http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Google%2B-Hangouts
20. You can share internet sites
21. You can go into Google Drive to share documents
22. You can share and collaborate on those Google documents
23. You can watch a YouTube video together
24. To watch a YouTube video on ahangout with everyone in the ‘room’,press the "YouTube" button. Its thethird from the left in the toolbar.YouTube will pop-up in the mainwindow for everyone, and then youcan begin picking videos to watch.
25. You can read a story to someone before bed!
26. You can use a whiteboard
27. You can brainstorm together
28. You can share via a Slideshare
29. You can look at Art together
30. Ideas for the classroom• Read a story• Bring in an expert/guest speaker/author• Share from a Slideshare• Homework tutoring• Professional Development meeting• Work on a project together• Virtual penpals• Global classroom discussions• Career Day wit panelists• Attend other hangouts (Google has a whole library of hangouts)• Extended discussion on a class topic• Subject-related hangouts• Conduct workshops and seminars