1. A blog can be afantastic teachingtool (International Teachmeet presentation) by Fiona Beal from South Africa email@example.com http://schoolnetsa.blogspot.com http://fionabeal.edublogs.org
2. 1. Use Box.net to store documents you have created and link them in a blog http://box.net
3. *Once your document is uploaded and appears in your list, clickon Share. A web address link will appear for you to copy.*Copy this web address to the spot where you want it in yourblog and click on the word link at the top of your blog post tomake it an active link.1 2
4. *The result on the blog. Click on the link and you will be taken to the original document 24 November 2012 How to add pages to your blog Take a look at this Tipsheet for a step by step guide for adding pages to your blog. http://www.box.com/s/0n7mlllvp442syfhqnr1
5. 2. Use Embedit.in to link to documents you have created Embedit.in is a fantastic application that allows you to embed all sorts of different documents on your blog by creating an embed code.
6. *Go to http://embedit.in Click on ‘My embeds’
7. *Go to My embeds and sign in using one of your accounts – I use my Google account Sign in
8. *Go to Select Files and find the file you want on your computer. 1 Click on ‘Select’ 2Choose your 3doc and click on ‘Open’
9. *Copy the embed code into the HTML part of your blog post Copy theembed code
10. *This is the result.
11. 3. Use Slideshare.com for more detailed instructions Slideshare is a fantastic way to present a e-book type of instruction to a class. You create each page in PowerPoint and then upload to Slideshare.com.
12. *Go to Slideshare.com, join and click on Upload to find thePowerPoint or PDF you want to use.*When uploaded find the embed code Copy the ‘embed code’
13. The result on the blog…This is how it appears
14. 4. Use Screencast-o- matic.com to capture your movements as you explain something more complicated
15. *Join and log in. Start recording by following the instructions. Press ‘Startrecording’
16. *This is what it looks like when you are finished. You can embed it, upload it to YouTube, or download it as a movie file. Screencast: How to create a blog using Blogger.com
17. 5. Use verbalinstructions on your blog using Vocaroo.com Vocaroo.com is so easy to use. You can download the result as a .wav file, or you can simply embed it in your blog.
18. *Join Vocaroo.com, click to record and start speaking when prompted. *Once finished paste the embed code into your blogClick here and follow the instructions
19. *This is the result
20. These are just a few of the ways you can makeyour blog a great teaching tool. What’s morethey are all free! Perhaps you have tried outothers that you would like to share with me?