3. Executive Summary: Our POV on “Cloud”… Cloud is a disruptive capability, but fast becoming a sustaining capability. Cloud models are already entering “Phase 2” of Service Delivery Models. Cloud technologies are being used today to generate higher Alpha. Consult with Intel when creating and optimizing your “Cloud” solutions.3
4. By Nature, Cloud is a Disruptive Capability Disruptive Business Capability1 An improved performance along an operational trajectory that traditionally has not been valued Sustaining Business Capability An improved performance along an operational trajectory that traditionally has been valued • Example: The jet engine was a radical but sustaining innovation relative to the piston aircraft engine.1Dr. Terry Pierce, Architectural Style Innovations: How Disruptive Innovations (Products) Revolutionize Military and DHS Capabilities (Processes), IVI WinterSession, 13 February 2008 Cloud Is Now a Sustaining Business Capability
5. Service Delivery Models (Today)• Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)• Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)• Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)Service Delivery Models (Tomorrow)• Network-as-a-Service (NaaS)• Business-Process-as-a-Service (BPaaS) This model recognizes that a cloud ecosystem requires a reliable and secure network. The three measures used for this service include access (intelligent infrastructure), security (trusted broker) and quality of the experience.• Management-as-a-Service (MaaS) This model recognizes that in both the private and public cloud, there is a very limited ability to manage end-to-end services in a highly distributed environment (an ecosystem which is highly virtualized and in which applications are hosted in multiple areas).
6. Service Delivery Mechanisms1 Capital Markets Can Harness Business Practice Clouds
7. Profit Raindrops from Alpha Clouds Niche Players Are Changing The Game7
8. Join In On The Discussion8
9. Cloud Summary: Many firms are past the “pain points” of harnessing Cloud’s promise. The next phase of cloud will be less about cost, more about value. Lower cost structures, new technologies will enable new market participants. Consult with Intel when creating and optimizing your Cloud solutions.9