circuit city stores FAQ Part 4 - Questions about Circuit City Credit Card and Rewards (Revised 2/12/09 5:00 pm ET)
Circuit City FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Part Four – Information about Circuit City-branded
Credit Cards and Circuit City Rewards Certificates
Updated February 12, 2009
As you probably know, Circuit City Stores, Inc. is in the midst of court-ordered
liquidation. After sixty years of serving the public, the company is going out
We know that our customers, our associates, news reporters and others may
still have questions so we have created a series of FAQ documents to
We have divided the subject matter into separate documents in an effort to
make the information easier to find and digest. We believe these documents
will answer the vast majority of your questions. More on other FAQ
We also invite you to check back for updates because new information may
surface as our circumstances evolve.
News Editors: Please note that out of respect for our associates, we are NOT
permitting media visits or interviews in our stores. Also, local store
headcounts are not available.
CIRCUIT CITY CREDIT CARDS AND REWARDS:
I’ve paid my Circuit City CREDIT CARD bill online in the past. Can I still do
this, even though the Circuit City Web site has been deactivated?
• Yes. Circuit City credit cards are administered by Chase, and you can link
directly to the Chase Web site at the following URL:
• The Payment address is:
Chase Card Services
P.O. Box 15153
Wilmington, DE 19886-5153
• Customers with questions also can call Chase at 1-800-603-8997.
Do customers who hold Circuit City-branded CREDIT CARDS need to pay
off their balances immediately? Or, can they just stop making payments
now that Circuit City is in liquidation?
• Circuit City’s credit card program is administered by Chase, and
customers will continue their credit relationship and repayment of their
obligations with Chase.
• Customers should continue to follow the current payment terms /APR that
they’re currently operating under.
• Unfortunately, we will no longer be able to accept payments towards your
Chase account balance in our stores.
Will Chase close out or transfer accounts for Circuit City-branded credit
• This is a Chase decision since they own the credit card relationship with
the customer. If there are modifications to the card type, then Chase
would notify the card holder. Customers with a Circuit City Rewards Visa
can still use their card at any company that honors VISA.
• No new Circuit City-branded credit cards will be issued and no new reward
points will accrue from a Circuit City purchase.
Will Circuit City stores in liquidation stores accept Circuit City-branded
credit cards for purchases? If not, why not?
• No, Circuit City-branded credit cards, including Circuit City branded Visa
cards, will not be accepted in the liquidation stores because we are not
offering promotional financing or rewards in the liquidation stores and we
want to avoid any customer confusion.
Can I use my Circuit City REWARDS CERTIFICATES?
• Yes. Circuit City Rewards Certificates will be accepted during the
liquidation sales. Please see your monthly statement or read the back of
your card for instructions on how to receive certificates. Take your Circuit
City Rewards Certificate to your local store, and the points will be
redeemed for credit toward a purchase.
Please consult other separate FAQ documents, also available at this same
Web site, for information on the following subjects:
• Part One - Basic information about Circuit City’s bankruptcy
• Part Two - For past and present Circuit City associates and companies
interested in hiring them
• Part Three – Information for parties interested in Circuit City real estate
and other assets
• Part Five - Information on how liquidation sales are being conducted in
stores, including policies on gift cards
• Part Six - Policies for returns, refunds and rebates
• Part Seven - Information about warranties and repairs
Additional resources are posted at the following URL:
http://investor.circuitcity.com. Click on “Breaking News” for documents.