... the short story line
Mission, Problem, Solution
Going to Market Strategy
Sales and Marketing Channels
IDEA - it is time for
... professional Open Source
Server Apps on
As SaaS in
Benefit of OSS Contribution
- high SW quality
- proven solutions
- big, active developer
- robust, innovative
- no license fees
- no vendor lock-in
- optimized operations
- scalable systems
- flexible cost and
- local data storage
- data privacy of own,
physical or virtual server
- managed operations
- selection of best
Open Source Apps
- pre-tested Apps on
- secure, standardized
config & operations
- Single point of contact
supporting all Apps
- more time to focus
on core business
- higher productivity
- simple to use Apps
- enhanced security
for enterprise data
- reduced IT cost
7iSolutions is the leading provider of cloud based secure business solutions using Open Source Software (OSS).
7iSolutions pre-selects and pre-assesses Open Source Applications, integrates them into the 7iPlatform and publishes
all 7iServer-Apps on the 7iMarketplace. The customers can choose from a feature rich and completely pretested set
of business application without having to deal with the complexity of the Open Source Software market.
... Mission, Problem, Solution
The Solution - Open Source Software (OSS) with the 7iPlatform
The 7iPlatform hides the complexity and heterogeneity of the Open Source Software by wrapping the software into
Server-Apps that can be installed in 1-click approach after a download from the 7i-Marketplace.
This simplified and centralized approach enhances the security and availability of all enterprise data and enterprise
application assets and helps to improved trust and efficiency and to lower costs for enterprise IT operations.
All IT-Operations-Use-Cases can be done in a Self-Servicing-Approach (User-, Access Privileges-, Project- and Site-
Configuration, Application Monitoring, Installation and Disaster Recovery) or are performed periodically by the platform
(Backup & Update).
The Problem - Open Source Software (OSS) is very promising, but cumbersome to operate ...
Advantages of OSS: Due to the free licenses free OSS implies significantly lower cost compared to commercial
software. In addition OSS is robust, innovative, bases on open technology standards and allows for interoperability
between applications. Most importantly OSS is widely spread and supports millions of installations worldwide.
Disadvantages of OSS: Installation, operations and usage of Open Source Software bring quite some complexity into
the organization. A lack of knowledge and therefore some lack of trust are the most important inhibitors to adopt Open
Source Software. Often additional staff or support contracts are needed to support Open Source Applications.
... Open Source & 7iSolutions
● 7iPlatform is a secure Software as a Service (SaaS) environment
- private space for your enterprise resources such as data and documents
- cloud based service with typically domestic data hosting - you know where you data is stored
● 7iPlatform is an integrated Server
- all applications are functionally pre-assessed and carefully selected as being 'best-in-class' apps
- all applications run impact free on a shared server instance - no cross dependencies and incompatibilities
● 7iPlatform is easy to use
- easy to use and easy to learn - 7iPlatform brings the 'mobile app feeling' to IT Server Management
- Modern look & feel using Apps Icons, Cockpits and Widgets
● 7iServer-Apps are lifecycle managed
- quick access to new features developed in the Open Source Community
- simple update of applications by new versions on the 7iMarketplace, no IT administration or release backlogs
● 7iServer-Apps help reducing cost
- standardized and centralized management of enterprise resources
- simple admin of applications, repositories, files, sites, users, access privileges, projects ...
● 7iSolutions is your SPOC (single point of contact)
- better control of IT assets with applications running on a common (virtual) private server
- together with partners 7iSolutions provides support and consulting for the whole platform
● 7iSolutions allows a simple start and can grow with you
- solve a single, dedicated application requirement such as versioning of documents, file sharing or
- use 7iServer Server-Apps to cover all your IT business need - CRM, ERP, Accounting, Project Management
... 7iPlatform & 7iMarketplace
1. 7iSolutions pre-selects and pre-assesses Business Applikationen from the Open Source Software (OSS) Community
The selected applications are encapsulated as Server-Apps and deployed on the 7iMarketplace.
2. The 7iPlatform is typically hosted on a Virtual Private Server. Once installed all Server-Apps from the 7iMarketplace are
available and can be downloaded by the customers.
3. The SME customersuse the Server-Apps and the 7iPlatform as SaaS applications in the cloud.
... how it works
Private server for each customer: The bases for
the cloud service is a Linux server (i.e. Debian or
Ubuntu). Each customer has his own dedicated
(virtual or physical) server in the internet cloud
and has his own data privacy.
7iServer-Apps: 7iSolutions chooses the the best
fit and most popular Open Source Solutions and
simplify their handling (i.e. operations and
security) and standardize the look & feel for our
Mass product and scalability: The 7iServer-
Apps are conceived as scalable mass products.
The 7iSolutions concept aims for simplification
(usage), automation (updates, backup) and self-
servicing by customers (operation, configuration).
... available 7iServer-Apps
Currently the Apps listed below are read to be used:
Documents & Versions
Extranet & Download
Support & Ticketing
... and many more 7iServer-Apps planned
Drupal, eHour, Horde, KnowledgeTree, OpenMeetings, Magento, TimeTrex,
Tryton, Todoyu, vTiger ...
GOING TO MARKET
... global potential and scalability
● Consistent multi language capability: The 7iPlatform, the 7iMarketplace and the
integrated 7iServer-Apps support all major languages.
● Worldwide usage of Open Source Software: Some Open Source Business
Applications are installed on more than 100 Mio. server systems worldwide.
● Permanent innovation is ongoing: in this moment more than 100'000 OSS
projects are actively evolving to serve our current and future needs.
The 7iSolutions Business Model is highly scalable - three strategies:
● Scale by internationalization / rollout of
7iPlatform and 7iMarketplace.
● Extend scope of offering with additional
Open Source Business Applications.
● Grow over additional target industries
by focusing on SME's other industries
beside engineering and consulting.
GOING TO MARKET
... anticipated roadmapProductFocus
SME, Teams, others
first set of Apps
Scope of App
platform & marketplace
feature rich SME
CMS, CRM, ERP
solutions available on marketplace
multi language, rollout
SALES & MARKETING
● SME networks / seminars / marketing events
● blogs / articles in relevant industry magazines, webinars
● Social marketing (Twitter, Xing, LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+, ...),
● Internet Marketing (Google Adwords, SEO), Youtube videos
● eMail Marketing, Newsletter of channel partners (hosters)
● reference stories, recommendations of existing customers and channel partners
● 14 day - free trial period
● ev. usage in freemium business model with limited functionalities
● direct sales from remote - no visits on customer premises
● sales through hosting partners
● self servicing via subscription on web site
● pure internet based business - no visits on customers premises
● server operations
● (priority) hotline - phone / email
● remote assistance
Gostou de algum slide específico?
Recortar slides é uma maneira fácil de colecionar informações para acessar mais tarde.