1. The Rise of the CMO 2.0 Introductory Presentation for the CMO 2.0 Workshop Presented (10/15/08) at: By: Francois Gossieaux, Partner Beeline Labs Ed Moran, Director of Product Innovation, Deloitte
3. The whole marketing game has changed The rules The players The scope The tactics The added values YES THEY HAVE…BUT IT’S NOT JUST THE RULES
4. The end goal: creating a customer “ Because the purpose of business is to create a customer, the business enterprise has two–and only two–basic functions: marketing and innovation. Marketing and innovation produce results; all the rest are costs. Marketing is the distinguishing, unique function of the business.” – Peter Drucker THE ONLY THING THAT HAS REMAINED THE SAME:
5. Social Media Happened… a platform and culture of participation has emerged – giving power to ALL your employees, customers, detractors and prospects WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED?
6. People no longer want to hear from companies People want to hear from other people THE NEW RULES:
7. ALL your Customers ALL your Employees ALL your Prospects ALL your Detractors THE NEW PLAYERS:
8. Pre sale Post sale Global tribes THE NEW SCOPE:
9. Business communities Social media & networks People-speak and authenticity Speed of response THE NEW TACTICS:
10. people’s attention people’s trust talented employees and champions Externalized business processes Retell-able stories to market with versus at THE NEW ADDED VALUES:
11. The Marketing center of gravity has moved away from companies to individuals and their tribes THE END RESULT?
12. OUT WITH THE OLD CONCEPTS AND WAYS: SWITCHING COSTS BIG BUDGETS MARKET SHARE PRICING CONTROL MANAGEMENT BETTER MOUSETRAP TARGETING COMPETITION INTERRUPT ISOLATE PAGE VIEWS RETURN ON INVESTMENT PROMOTIONS
13. IN WITH THE NEW CONCEPTS AND WAYS: ATTRACT AFFILIATE ASSIST CO-OPETITION WORD OF MOUTH TRIBES VALUE SMART BUDGETS LEADERSHIP EDGES CO-CREATE CO-MARKET RETURN ON ATTENTION ENGAGEMENT RATIOS TRUST FRICTIONLESS COMMUNITIES TRANSPARENCY
14. CMO 2.0: Represents the Voice of the Customer Becomes More Strategic Requires New Management Thinking Controls the Brand Differently
15. Francois Gossieaux , Partner, Beeline Labs t. 617.899.1698 e. [email_address] b. http://www.emergencemarketing.com http://www.marketingtwo.com c. http://www.marketingtwo.net Ed Moran , Director New Product Innovation, Deloitte t. 212.436.6839 e. [email_address] Tribalization of Business Study http://www.deloitte.com/dtt/article/0,1042,sid=108577%2526cid=219449,00.html http://www.beelinelabs.com/tribalization ANY QUESTIONS?