Sample Job Interview Questions
1. Please tell me about yourself.
21. What kind of work interests you the most?
2. What are your strongest skills?
22. What are your salary expectations for the next
3. Why should we hire you?
4. What do you know about this job?
5. Will you tell me about any work experience or
training that relates to this job?
6. Why would you want to work for this company?
23. What motivates you?
24. Do you consider yourself a leader or a follower?
25. Of the classes you have taken in the
undergraduate program, which did you like best?
7. Please describe your work experience.
8. Are you willing to travel in this position?
26. If another employee asked you to sign her out
because she was leaving 45-minutes early, how
would you handle this?
9. How long were you with your former employer?
10. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
11. Do you work well under pressure?
12. What are you most proud of?
13. What type of things irritate you about your
14. Are you ok working for a younger supervisor?
15. Describe your best and worst boss?
27. If your boss asks you to do something birthday
shopping for her son on your lunch hour, what
would your response be?
28. What are your greatest weaknesses?
29. What do you expect in the way of a beginning
30. Have you been fired from a job?
31. What do you think is the greatest challenge in
our field today? How will you deal with it?
16. What have you learned from your mistakes?
17. What do you know about this company?
18. What do you want to be doing five-years from
19. What are your hobbies and interests outside of
20. Do you plan to continue your education? Have
Pearson, J. et al. (2008). Human Communication.
(3 ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill, Inc.
Eischen, C.W. and Eischen, L.A. (2007). Resume,
Cover Letters, Networking, and Interviewing.
(2 ed.). USA: Thomson South-Western.