2. This short film is rooted on my love for skateboarding.The idea started when I was working on this graphicproject, as you can see from the illustrations below.The graphic project is a play on words with a simplecomedy premise -skateboards making love- that seededa question in my mind: How did these skateboards meet?The answer to this question is the backbone to our story.
3. NY is a city of contrast, at times it mayseem extremely raw and two seconds later,it may reveal the perfect spot for a lovestory.With all its surprises, NY is the city of allcities. The best place there is to skate.
4. Andrew and Claudia are two of the thousands ofskaters living in NYC. Their love for skating will bethe catalyst for their encounter. After a smallaccident where the two skateboards crashed intoeach other. Leaving Claudia wondering when shewould see Andrew again.Two long days later they finally meet again, andeverything makes it seem they’re going to hook up.But this is not a typical love story, because the onesthat fall in love are their skateboards.
5. I’m Fernando Paz, a new father,husband, skater, and advertisingcreative director living in New York.I’m 36 years old and I’ve beenskating since I was 15.I’ve been a graphic designer for aslong as I can recall, and shootingcommercials for brands for morethan 10 years.Today I’m looking for start shootingmy own stories.Links to my work:Personal design workhttp://www.behance.net/-‐FPAz-‐http://consalsaverde.blogspot.com/Skate photographyhttp://z6.co.uk/skatephotographyand Commercial workhttp://z6.co.uk/commercialwork
6. We are planning to shoot 3 days.The crew, actors and most of thepost-production people arealready secured.
7. $2,500 to rent equipment we are stillmissing, and to cater and transport thecrew during production.Also, to enter the film in differentfestivals (Eg. LA Skate Film Festivaland The Skateboard Film Festival).
8. I know you guys love skateboardingas much as I do, and now that youknow what we need to complete thisproject, you can become part of it.We look forward to hearing from you.