2. Abdurrahman DEMIRChair of Governors of Ecole des Etoiles
3. OUR SCHOOLS• Free and non-denominational School• Kindergarten & Primary (3-12 years)• Secondary School to start in September 2012•2 Branches : Brussels and Charleroi• Established: •Brussels : 2005 with 83 pupils •Charleroi : 2006 with 91 pupils
4. PUPIL DEMOGRAPHICS: Brussels : 249 Charleroi: 191 17% ORIGIN Turkish Maroccan29% Belgian and other 54%
7. Our Dream« Building a Multicultural Society living in Harmony »
8. Our vision•To build the future generation: - Educated - Adapted to live in a multicultural society of tomorrow. - Social awareness and responsibility
9. Our mission We consider the school as a global education system that focuses on pupils’: Intellectual Personal and Social development
10. Intellectual:Encourage all pupils to acquire knowledgeand skills that will enable them to take an activerole in economic, social and cultural life.
11. Personal :•Acquire self-confidence;•Promote human values to become responsiblecitizens.
12. Social:• Prepare all students to be able to contribute to thedevelopment of a democratic, united, pluralistic societywhich is open to other cultures.
13. In practice
14. 1) EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT SERVICEo Monitoring the development of each child.o Meeting with parents at school.o Home visits with teachers.
15. 2. COOPERATION WITH PARENTS
16. 3. OUR ACTIVITIES
17. 4.PROMOTING OUR SCHOOL
18. 5.WHY CHOOSE OUR SCHOOL?1) OUR LIVING ENVIRONMENTThe building has been completely renovated. The playgroundwith green space has an area of 5000 sqm. The school isequipped with new and modern furniture.2) LANGUAGESThe knowlegde and mastery of the two main languages ofBelgium increase importantly. Starting from the thirdkindergarten the school offers an opportunity to learn Dutchand French taught by native teachers.3) SPORT AND HEALTHThe school has a large gymnasium, a room ofpsychomotricity (for kindergarten) and an outdoor multisportsground.
19. 4) DIGITAL SCHOOLOur classes are furnished with interactive smartboards connectedto the internet. In this way teaching becomes more entertainingand interesting for the children. There are 24 touch screencomputers in the computer room5) OUR VALUESEveryone is happy at Ecole des Etoiles. Why? The schoolbelieves in the importance of collaboration beween the threeactors(parents, teachers, pupils). That is the reason why theschool maintains strong ties with parents. We organisebreakfeasts, dinners, meetings and trips. We have also timetableda lesson titled « universal values ». ECOLE DES ETOILES, A SCHOOL WHERE LIFE IS ENJOYABLE