2. ‘Ultimate’ aims to be ‘Horror’ informs the targeteye-catching and audience of the particular The background colour isenticing the word itself genre that this months black as it conveys elementsgives a sense that this magazine will be focusing of death and misery, whichedition of REEL NEWS on, which may add to the are often themes seen withinmagazine is magazines appeal and horror films.unmissable! perhaps even broaden the target audience demographic.
3. Film Reel used withinthe text ‘REEL’ makesa direct link with filmtherefore, making the By including a websiteaudience aware that ‘WWW.REELNEWS.COM’ similar to Empire’sthis is a filmic website (see image above) adds authenticity tomagazine. the magazine. It shows that REEL NEWS ‘NEWS’ suggests magazine is embracing new technology by information in this case including a website therefore, they could entice the audience would link to their passive readers and perhaps paste trailers the ‘REEL’ within the title onto their website to gain opinions or perhaps and assume that this other peoples reviews of different films, thus magazine is about news allowing their target audience to be more active within the film world. by employing Web 2.0.
4. ‘GREATEST’ suggests thisidea that the magazine willinclude the biggest horrorfilms of all time ,which aimsto spark curiosity in theaudience making them askquestions as to what filmsare the greatest horror filmstherefore successfullyenticing the target audiencedemographic. Numbers are frequently used within magazines I chose to include a number as it is bold and enticing once again aims to appeal to the target audience with reference to the horror genre of film.
5. ‘PLUS’ given in the form of a list is intended to clearly display other articles within the magazine. A new horror film ‘The devil inside me’ clearly fits into the horror genre. ‘Behind the scenes’ is meant to hook the reader/audience in as they may be curious as to how the film itself is constructed. I used a well known director who is now directing a Sci-Fi/ Thriller which, links to the horror edition of the magazine therefore, will be aimed at roughly the same audience demographic.Franchises are very popular within the horror genre forexample Final Destination and Saw which, have beenrecently released in 3D. I felt that this was important asit shows how technology is becoming more dominantwithin the filmic world.
6. The title of our film is bold and stands out along the‘EXCLUSIVE’ suggests that the black/dark background thismagazine is showing restricted can be seen across all of ourinformation exclusive to their products. It aims to bemagazine only in effect making the appealing and intriguingaudience feel more inclined to but making the audience askthis magazine. questions for example who or what is taunting who? The font is worn and looks like it has been taunted in someway itself resulting in a distressed font which represents the
7. A monthly magazine Halloween is in Octobergenerally contains therefore, the ‘horrormore information than edition’ related to whena weekly magazine the magazine istherefore, monthly published.magazines are oftendearer. I included a barcode as it adds a sense of authenticity to the magazine allowing it to be scanned when brought.
8. A close-up of the maincharacter (the villain)within ‘TAUNTED’ clearlyconveys elements of thehorror genre. It may leadto the target audiencequestioning who thisdemonic/dark figuretherefore, enticing themto view the film.
9. I used a very useful website‘CBS OUTDOOR’ where Ifound a very useful advertvisualizer which I think willeffectively market ourmagazine to our targetaudience.Please click on the link below:http://www.cbsoutdoor.co.uk/Our-Media/Visualiser/Bus-Rear/Bus-Rear/?AdvertId=en_GB_uk-04_dc7a11a91c67304503d84a55bc98fb86 Thank you for watching!