• OBJECTIVE : TO EXPOSE POTENTIAL CAUSE
OF PLANE CRASH.
• AIM : TO PREVENT PLANE CRASH.
• The odds of a plane crash depend on a various amount
factors, such as:
The type of plane
The size of the plane
The time of year
• BUT actually, the plane crash is also because of the
main department which are :
o Management Department
o System Department
o Mechanical Department
• lack of motivation
• fatigue and stress
• time pressure
• misperception of hazards
• inadequate skills
• Date: August 12, 1985
• Time: 18:56
• Location: Mt. Osutaka, near Ueno Village, Japan
• Operator: Japan Air Lines
• Flight #: 123
• Route: Tokyo - Osaka
• AC Type: Boeing B-747-SR46
• Registration: JA8119
• cn / ln: 20783/230
• Aboard: 524 (passengers:509 crew:15)
• Fatalities: 520 (passengers:505 crew:15)
• Ground Fatalities: 0
• The aircraft suffered an aft pressure bulkhead
failure at 23,900 ft. The aircraft had severe
control difficulties with loss of all controls and
eventually after 40 minutes, collided with a
mountain. Improper repair of the bulkhead
while being supervised by Boeing engineers
after a tail strike in 1978 is the reason for this
crash. Worst single plane disaster in aviation
history. Kyu Sakamoto, 43, famous for his
Japanese song "Sukiyaki" was killed in the
• Improper repairs by Boeing after a tail strike 7
years earlier, led to a rupture of the pressure
bulkhead and loss of all controls.
• Continuous maintenance re-training for
• Create mechanisms for reporting, investigate
reports, and provide legal protections to the
people who informed them
• Human factors training for airline
management and aircraft engineers
- poor communication between the airport
operator and air traffic controllers
- Mistakes by controllers that working at radar
- Security control
- low security awareness
• Mentally go over exactly what you will say
before touching the radio and keep it in mind.
• Determine your position
• Acquire necessary information
• Communicate your request in a professional
and organized manner.
• Tighten up the security
• System Department is where Avionic’s
engineer work. They will check the
system, the engine, radar and the
electrical in the aircraft.
• When system in aircraft fail, the plane
must be in serious problem. That can
cause the plane accident.
• Follow all the safety rules and
regulations, the checking procedure.
• Obey all the standing order procedure
• Never try to shortcut
• Don’t ever compromise.