3. In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?<br />Trailer:<br />Soundtrack follows the convention, as it works well with the trailer.<br />Slow paced editing allows the continuation of the plot. <br />Use’s titles to help the audience understand the plot.<br />Broke specific stereotypes<br />Poster:<br />Stereotypical image of couple as centre of the poster.<br />Mis-En-Scene follows the conventions of the romantic drama genre.<br />Image goes from bright to dark, silhouette showing tension which has slowly been built.<br />Website:<br />Original photography of male’s hands playing piano.<br />Follows convention of website having an introduction theme.<br />Conventional to use of Flash to design website.<br />Inclusion of trailer on homepage<br />
4. Research into Ancillary Tasks<br />Helped us follow conventions into making our ancillary task.<br />
5. How effective is the combination of your main products and ancillary tasks?<br />Use of same characters throughout each task<br />Same font<br />Similar colour schemes <br />The use of basic detail and little information<br />Use of ‘Best Selling author’ as a promotional tool <br />
8. Website:<br />Choice of images for website<br />Follows conventions<br />Official image for website<br />
9. What have you learned from your audience feedback?<br />The responses from the questionnaire allowed us to keep a boundary when creating our trailer<br />
10. Trailer- Feedback:<br />Rough cut of our trailer feedback:<br />
11. Poster- feedback: <br />We asked the audience on which image they prefer and from this we found that they prefer the more contrasted image (edited on Photoshop) compared to the actual picture taken. <br /><ul><li>We found group voting very useful as it helped us to chose the right font styles and colours in our poster.
12. Through our editing for the poster, we made decisions and used audience feedback to find which would make the best production.</li></li></ul><li>Website Feedback:<br />We asked on image preference for the background of the trailer. <br /><ul><li>The felt the original font did not work well with the website, therefore we change it.
13. It looks like a professional website</li></li></ul><li>How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stage?<br />Viral Marketing<br />Used for evaluation<br />Audience feedback<br />Audience feedback<br />Tutorials<br />Helps keeping to a schedule<br />Put our PowerPoint on Slideshare<br />Allows us to put all our work on the blog and be viewed clearly <br />
14. Designing, addition of font etc <br />Addition of soundtrack<br />Editing tools<br />Slow/ fast paced editing<br />Insert of titles<br />Contrasting the image<br />HD camera<br /> Close ups/ mid shots<br />Zoom/ angles<br />Used for the website.<br />HD camera allowing best film<br />