1. Fashion 2011 Trend: Beyonce Knowles in ‘W’ Magazine Music & Style IssueJust when we thought she couldn’t possibly topherself, Beyonce appears on the front of July’sMusic & Style issue, and she poses for someshots that would make even Sasha Fierce greenwith envy! She has proven time and time againto be a fierce femme fashionista anyway settingthe standard for the latest 2011 fashion trend forwomen.
2. On her latest video, “Run The World (Girls)”,Beyonce tells the mag, “This is the power stand,the next chapter of my life. I do this job becauseit makes me high and inspires people. In thevideo, most of all I wanted to show that I’mproud to be a woman. I had read about powerful
3. African men who have hyenas as pets, and Iwanted to create a world where women run theworld, so in the video I have these hyenas aspets. I’m wearing a Givenchy Couture gown andI’m holding these crazy hyenas. There’s dirt onthe dress, but I’m still pure and regal. I wanted topush the theatrics to make a point: Women rule.”When asked about her “Telephone” video co-star Lady Gaga, Beyonce couldn’t stop gushing!“Gaga is my girl!” she exclaimed. “I’m her
4. biggest fan. When I first saw her perform, Iactually called her and said, ‘You are great!’That was before her popularity hit, and we had anatural connection. Later, she asked me to doher video, and I said, ‘I trust you Gaga. I’ll dowhatever you want me to do.’”Beyonce is known for taking major fashion risks,but this goes beyond the red carpet! “As a childI trained myself to dance in very high heels,”
5. she says. “At 13, in Destiny’s Child, we weretold to wear heels, but at first we couldn’t walkin them. We couldn’t keep our knees straight.But we learned, and that became the image ofDestiny’s Child: so young and so glamorous.Now I have a rule that my dancers have to weartheir heels when I’m wearing my heels. Theysay, ‘Please take your shoes off, Beyonce.’ Athome I’m always barefoot. And I have a heavywalk without heels. When they hear methumping around through the house, they say,‘Oh — Beyonce’s up!’”
6. Looking forward to catching everythingBeyonce this Summer. Check out B showeveryone how it’s done in W Magazine.