View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
How to Empower
Staff to be the Voice
for the Organization
through Social Media
Danielle Brigida | National Wildlife Federation
Farra Trompeter | Big Duck
AMA Nonprofit Marketing Conference
July 17, 2013
Your ideal spokesperson…
• Is passionate about your mission
• Understands what you do
• Trusted to speak without a lot of approval
• Will be respected and can stay calm
• Speaks clearly and simply
• Is generally available
Find & encourage your internal
‘social media evangelists’.
Send a survey to staff.
• Do you have a Twitter account and/or
• What blogs do you read and comment on
• Are you engaging in LinkedIn group
• Do you like to share images on Pinterest
Use tools to share, collaborate.
Have a point person, process for
• Social Media for Nonprofit CEOs—How one Executive
Director manages it
• Empower Employees as Brand Champions in Social
• Employment Branding: The NPR Case