My Local Global World Automation Alley Presentation Hand Out
My Local Global World
Your World/My World™
• Overview - Big picture
• Understanding Other Cultures
• Q and A
• Palestinian born in Kuwait
• Three months after the 1st Gulf War, came to the U.S.
• Started several businesses in Arizona while attending college
• Held Executives positions in small and big box retailers such
as Pure Beauty and Macy’s
• Turned around several companies and divisions
• Troy staffing company
• Formed Integration Systems Management, Inc. in 2003
• Over 35 Professional Awards and 36 Educational Awards
• Married with two children
About Faris Alami
What Is Culture To You?
• Culture generally refers to patterns of
human activity and the symbolic
structures that give such activity
significant importance. (learned values,
beliefs and thought patterns to a
member of any social group)
• Determines how we view and perceive
ourselves and others around us.
So What Does That Mean?
Why Is Culture Important?
Bridging Cultures: The ISM™ Approach
7 Steps To Build A Learning
Community and Avoid Clash™
In his book, Patrick Lencion says:
• Absence of trust
• Fear of conflict
• Lack of commitment
• Avidness of accountability
• Inattention to results
The Five Dysfunctions of a Team
Hear Me Now
• Train the trainer for dialog on culture issues
• Conduct regular surveys
• Create forum/ roundtable
• Bring outside resources
• Ongoing coaching/consulting
• Custom workshops
What ISM Can Do For You?
248-688-5353 Ext 2